Providence Health & Services

www.providence.org
  www.providence.org
There are newer employer reviews for Providence Health & Services

In the last decade, Providence has not lived by the mission and core values it preaches to the community and employees.

Former Employee - Manager in Torrance, CA
Former Employee - Manager in Torrance, CA

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Decent benefits
Lot of great people

Cons

Nepotism by executive management
Lack of concern for employee welfare from upper management
Upper management has too much power to exercise retaliatory acts against employees
Lack of communication about system wide issues
Management more concerned with moving ahead than helping to create a culture of compassion and fairness for employees

You have been entrusted to lead by the mission and core values. If you get that, you can make Providence a better place to work.

281 Other Employee Reviews for Providence Health & Services (View Most Recent)

Poor communication, bad pay

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Portland, OR

I worked at Providence Health & Services part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great doctors and staff. I can't think of anything else.

Cons

No flexibility in scheduling, managers do not communicate with employees, Growing too fast because they keep acquiring more practices and hospitals.

Slow down in your acquisition and perfect what you have now. Train all of your employees properly. Too many unhappy employees.

It has many opertunities

Former Employee - Medical Records in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Medical Records in Spokane, WA

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They have many opertunities. In serveral fields. There are some fields that they say they train in when fresh out of school. And Some you don't have to go to school to get trained in them. This all helps with the job opertunities.

Cons

Not the friendliest place to work if you don't fit into their clicks. It dosen't matter if you do your job well or not. It all depends on if you fit into their clicks on your job opertunities. The training that you recieve when freash out of school is very minimual if any. The programs I used in school were not any of the programs used by this company, so I kind of learned by my mistakes as I went. My training with them was they just turned on the computer and got me into the program that I was to use and said there you go. When I asked questions the person training me would get mad at me and start yelling at me. Therefore, it made me not want to ask her questions. I reported to my suporvisor and when they talked to her things go spread throught the office and things just got worse for me. I refused to let them push me out and was determined to learn as much as they would allow me to which wasn't much. I went home every night in tears. I did not find my experence with them to be a good one and would not recommend anyone I know to work for them.

I will not give advice for I don't feel it would do any good.

There are newer employer reviews for Providence Health & Services