Providence Health & Services

www.providence.org
  www.providence.org
There are newer employer reviews for Providence Health & Services

Managed staff that received, inventoried, Picked, delivered and restocked supplies for customers.

Former Employee - Distribution in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Distribution in Seattle, WA

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Ensuring nurses have the supplies they needed for patient care. The care that nursing provides to the patients they serve.

Cons

Crazy politics in upper management. Do as I say not as I do. Understand about saving money but staffs lives are effected from employees that were loyal.

281 Other Employee Reviews for Providence Health & Services (View Most Recent)

piranha office environment - top down is toxic right now

Current Employee - Senior Level in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Level in Renton, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

none right now due to imploding env.

Cons

Glassdoor - the CEO has changed and I would bet his rating is MUCH worse. The ongoing transformation taking place is toxic and will not only change the values of PHS but will change the industry as a whole.

The changes you are putting into place now will take 5 years or more to become the norm. Until then top end staff are being recruited away and leaving gladly. Stop the back end conversations and walk the talk.

Does not inspire or develop.

Current Employee - Director in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Director in Renton, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are very collegial and the benefits are decent. The Mission is inspiring.

Cons

Management does not "walk the talk," and is very self oriented and out of touch. Word on the street when I took the job years ago was that they exploit people via the attachment to and honoring of the mission. They overwork you and pay you below market. And they expect you to be happy to do so b/c the Mission is so compelling. This has proven to be true.

Most of your senior management does not care about morale. You should address that if you want to retain people and not just in words. New strategic priority is great but how is that actually being pursued? How about a report card quarterly with tangible results if it's really a key objective?

There are newer employer reviews for Providence Health & Services