Providence Health & Services

www.providence.org
  www.providence.org
There are newer employer reviews for Providence Health & Services

The company as a whole has vastly been improving facilities and how we treat patients over the years.

Current Employee - Dietary Aid in Everett, WA
Current Employee - Dietary Aid in Everett, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They have a tuition reinbursement program and as a student, I found that to be especially helpful. Though, it only covers $2000, so if you went to a university like I did, it won't cover everything, but that is still a free $2000.

Cons

In my department, the management is outsourced from a different company. I'm not entirely sure if this is the case across the board, but it does put a damper on internal development, ie: "moving up the ladder".

281 Other Employee Reviews for Providence Health & Services (View Most Recent)

Disgraceful

Former Employee - Data Entry - EPIC
    Former Employee - Data Entry - EPIC

I worked at Providence Health & Services as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

PTO benefits were good, although health insurance was terrible, and this is a hospital we were working for, which never made sense to me.

Cons

Management is underhanded and dirty all the way up the ladder. I honestly have never worked for a person as snake-like as my supervisor was at this company. I was shocked and appalled at how low she sank (to the point of lying and coercing others to lie) in order to protect herself and her job. She didn't care who she hurt along the way, a true sociopath...and she wasn't alone, managers such as her just permeated the entire department. If ever there was the saying come to life "a wolf in sheep's clothing" this is it!

Actually watch your managers, don't believe that they are doing what they should be based on what they say. They are horrible to your employees, they lie, they lie some more, and everyone knows this as an accepted fact. It's a sad day when there is nothing terrible supervisors can do that don't surprise your employees anymore.

Bad place to work

Current Employee - Reimbursement Specialist in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Reimbursement Specialist in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are no pros for this company. Management has ruined any change of this company to stay in California.

Cons

Management is partial to their own persuasion. They do follow the company policies. Very unprofessional office in Torrance, California, the Regional Business Office.

Be fare, follow the rule and maybe the next company will not leave California for your lack of management skills that effect the income of the company. Stop hiring lazy people and then sticking up for them. Shame on you.

There are newer employer reviews for Providence Health & Services