Bad place to work

Current Employee - Reimbursement Specialist in Torrance, CA
Current Employee - Reimbursement Specialist in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are no pros for this company. Management has ruined any change of this company to stay in California.

Cons

Management is partial to their own persuasion. They do follow the company policies. Very unprofessional office in Torrance, California, the Regional Business Office.

Advice to Management

Be fare, follow the rule and maybe the next company will not leave California for your lack of management skills that effect the income of the company. Stop hiring lazy people and then sticking up for them. Shame on you.

Other Employee Reviews for Providence Health & Services

Disgraceful

Former Contractor - Data Entry - EPIC
    Former Contractor - Data Entry - EPIC

I worked at Providence Health & Services as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

PTO benefits were good, although health insurance was terrible, and this is a hospital we were working for, which never made sense to me.

Cons

Management is underhanded and dirty all the way up the ladder. I honestly have never worked for a person as snake-like as my supervisor was at this company. I was shocked and appalled at how low she sank (to the point of lying and coercing others to lie) in order to protect herself and her job. She didn't care who she hurt along the way, a true sociopath...and she wasn't alone, managers such as her just permeated the entire department. If ever there was the saying come to life "a wolf in sheep's clothing" this is it!

Advice to Management

Actually watch your managers, don't believe that they are doing what they should be based on what they say. They are horrible to your employees, they lie, they lie some more, and everyone knows this as an accepted fact. It's a sad day when there is nothing terrible supervisors can do that don't surprise your employees anymore.

2. Caring

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Warm environment, which invites contribution and offers career opportunities.

Cons

Dated style and experience 'tried and true' culture versus innovation.

Advice to Management

Ask staff for advise and poll best practices from consultants or industry leaders to improve performance.