There are newer employer reviews for Providence Health & Services

It's been an average experience

Current Employee - Program Coordinator in Renton, WA
Current Employee - Program Coordinator in Renton, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kindness compassion flexible work schedule depending on your department and manager

Cons

Limited PTO. 2 weeks vacation/sick combination. A challenge if you have young children.

Other Employee Reviews for Providence Health & Services

Executive Assistant

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Renton, WA
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Renton, WA

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Catholic Healthcare Organization with strong mission to help the poor and vulnerable. Great value system and decent benefits.

Cons

No opportunity for advancement, compensation is not comparable to similar organizations

Advice to Management

Do away with Employee Engagement Survey

EPIC Credentialed Trainer for Multiple Go-Lives

Current Employee - Epic Credentialed Trainer Clin Docs in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Epic Credentialed Trainer Clin Docs in Renton, WA

Pros

Compassion and ethical behavior are practiced by most on a day to day basis. My direct manager was great. Caring, principled and smart.

Cons

Lack of planning and forward thinking by management consistently ends up in major disruption to the lives of the trainers who have been on the road teach EPIC for 2.5 years. Upper management lied to us on a couple of occasions. During the interview I was offered full travel expenses. After being hired I was told I would not get meals reimbursed. ( I had specifically asked about this during the interview.) They had to change this after HR pointed out that we were hourly employees and certain laws applied to us.... but it took a couple of months. They offered us the opportunity to apply full time positions, giving a salary range. Then after we apply, and are interviewed they tell us that we will come in at the bottom of the range. That felt like a bait and switch. I was not the only one who subsequently turned down the offer even though I was offered a promotion with it.

Advice to Management

Apply some good project management principles to your planning going forward.