There are newer employer reviews for Providence Health & Services

No Transparency. Lack of leadership at the senior level. No vision and direction.

Former Employee - Anonymous in Burbank, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous in Burbank, CA

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work schedule compensation is not bad

Cons

Disrespectful executive leaders. Lead by threat not by vision. Back stabbing. Employees are always looking to jump the ship. More than 40% turn over of management in less than a year. More to come.

Advice to Management

Choose the right leaders. Learn how to make decisions timely. Be transparent. The organization has lost the understanding of its core values.

Other Employee Reviews for Providence Health & Services

Wonderful for two years, bad for one, horrible for one.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good experience for interns to 'learn the field.' Benefits were diminished when I was there, are not as good as they were.

Cons

To only pay for 5 holidays a year is one of the lowest in town. Why would a supposed Christian organization not consider Easter a holiday? Work-Life balance was nearly impossible in the department I worked in, as you were expected to do whatever it took to get the work done if the census went up. (In other words, work several hours a week off the clock). To use the word 'leadership' to describe the management in my old department is overstating it. They were bullies, quite comfortable with yelling at employees, doing illegal and unethical things to either fire someone or to 'convince' them to quit. The idea was 'All of you people are expendable; you are SO lucky to be working at an organization as wonderful as Providence, so you had BETTER do what we say at all times, even when we contradict ourselves. AND you'd better smile and LIKE it.'

Advice to Management

Actually be connected enough to your 'leadership' to know what they are ACTUALLY doing. Don't believe everything they are telling you. Actually take care of your employees like your wonderful PR would have people believe you are doing. Help employees with prevention of and healing from burnout, which would save you money in the long run, as sustainability should apply to employees, too.

2. Providence has provided me with a wide variety of nursing experiences to learn many new skills in 28 years.

Current Employee - STaff Registered Nurse in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - STaff Registered Nurse in Everett, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They have always paid fair salaries. And if you are smart and take advantage of opportunities to save your own money they will match a percentage of it. When I retired for the first time I walked away with almost half a million dollars.

Cons

I have seen poor managers just moved around, not outright fired. It could be said that is good to give a person a second chance, But when it is the third and fourth time it is seen then these people need to be encouraged to see opportunities to work else where.

Advice to Management

Now a days it is virtuously impossible to get into a management position without a post graduate degree. What happened to spotting a remarkable younger person and grooming them to come up the ranks. You might have found the hardest & smartest working person on your team that way.