Providence Hospital
www.providencehospital.com Mobile, AL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Providence becoming less patient/employee centered. More dollar driven.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
Olympia, WA

ProsDecent wages. Patient interaction. Dedicated Employees. Career opportunities.

ConsLess commitment to local communities. Engulfed by bigger system. Declining Health Benefits. Push for productivity without considering cost or other solutions. Push too hard on Bedside Caregivers. Managers hamstrung and not allowed to think outside the box.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider a move toward cost of employees, rather than numbers of bodies to provide care. Roll out less initiatives and help staff accomplish the ones already in place. Come out and interact with staff. Add some fun to the workplace everyday. Happy = Productive= Success.

Providence Hospital has been a good employer for me over the years, but the culture is changing.

Intern (Current Employee)
    Mobile, AL

I have been working at Providence Hospital full-time for more than a year

Pros: Most of the people I work with are great! And… Cons: Staffing is getting tighter to the point of forcing a… Advice to Senior Management: Shadow a nurse on a busy day and see what hurdles we have to overcome every minute of every day. Time management and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Providence Hospital often provide charity to the less fortunate.

Physician Biller/Coder (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at Providence Hospital full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: spiritual & and teaching hospital Cons: communication and good employees to work with Advice to Senior Management: value your essential employees No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Providence Hospital.

Worked for Providence Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Providence Hospital reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Providence Hospital CEO Amy Freeman. All reviews posted anonymously by Providence Hospital employees.