Providence Hospital and Medical Centers

okay

Current Employee - MA At Providence
Current Employee - MA At Providence

I have been working at Providence Hospital and Medical Centers

Pros

benifit can be a great ascpet

Cons

communication, growth is not rewarding

Advice to Management

none

reviews filtered by
  1. Great place to work

Former Employee - Social Worker in Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Social Worker in Anchorage, AK

I worked at Providence Hospital and Medical Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great insurance and benefits. Had an onsite fitness center for employees to use at no costs. Had access to free IT education and traning classes on site.

Cons

Didn't feel there was a lot of opportunity for advancement in my field.

2. Providence

Former Employee - Telephones, Scheduling Etc''''' in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Telephones, Scheduling Etc''''' in Portland, OR

I worked at Providence Hospital and Medical Centers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When I started over six years ago benefits were great and so was the work atmosphere.

Cons

Than there were lies about how our work was not improving after the Epic go live. That is where the changes really showed up. The more dependable, honest, caring workers were flat out being lied about. There were many that I knew that were let go for various reasons. There were less experienced workers who did not do the work and delegated to the more experienced detailed worker so they could look good. Managers were not doing their jobs. They were told about what was going on and how the newer energetic workers were lying, cheating, backing other employees and not others. There was a whole different set of rules for some workers and not others. The experienced, longer time, employees left and in some cases forced out of their jobs. For money and profit, yet Providence has it's name on the new soccer field and upper management never had to give up their jobs and take so much less. The training for Epic was four half days and go live. Than after being on line for less than three days I was told I was too slow. That there was a consideration of letting me go even at that point. It was a horrible experience for a lot of us even some that made it.

Dependable, caring people were forced out all over the company. I wish those who can to tell their story. I know of at least 12 to 15 employees this happened to. I am sure that is just a few compared to how many there really are.

How sad that this happened to such a good group of harder workers. Customer service is timed now and if you spend more than 2 and a half minutes , on average on the telephone they encourage you to leave and make it difficult to work there. I can not understand that where some employees downright don't do the work and leave the work for others to do, get the good times on the telephone and look good. It is awful.

Advice to Management

Look at what is going on with some workers and put a stop to it. Make the rules apply to all the workers. Check for who is doing the work and who is not. Check for who leaves work for others to complete just to get good phone stats. Take completeness in to consideration when checking for phone stats and that completing a task which might take longer is a great thing if it means that the caller will not have to call back many times to make sure they are taken care of.