Providence Hospitals

www.providencehospitals.com
There are newer employer reviews for Providence Hospitals

Not a bad place to work, but certainly not extremely progressive or professional

Former Employee - Staff RN
Former Employee - Staff RN

I worked at Providence Hospitals full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Differential, self-scheduling, co-workers generally work as a team, fairly pleasant environment

Cons

Poor management, cliche, senior administration unfair and detached from the majority of the staff

Be more fair to employees, not always looking down at them, maybe actually visit the units where the majority of employees work every now and again instead of just imposing dictates from the administration floor

2 Other Employee Reviews for Providence Hospitals (View Most Recent)

It was a very exciting and innovating time.

Former Employee - Clinical Educator/Simulation Coordinator in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Clinical Educator/Simulation Coordinator in Columbia, SC

I worked at Providence Hospitals full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The leadership of the Education Department was phenomenal. Craig Smith, Director, is very dedicated and innovative with his thinking.

Cons

My position was eliminated and I feel that because of my expertise with high fidelity manikins, this will be a down side to the education department.

Through all my research, education is one of the more important aspects of nursing. Our staff has to have the ability to learn about the every changing healthcare system. Nurses need to become more engaged with patient care, knowledge of new medications and practices. It is difficult for our nurses to learn of this type knowledge without didactic instruction. Our department wanted to increase the didactic instruction and include simulation as much as possible. Now it will be increasingly difficult due to the hospital cutting staff. I would love to reccomend this facility to my friends but I can't. There have been too many lay offs. I can't, in good conscious, recommend this facility due to all the lay offs.

There are newer employer reviews for Providence Hospitals