There are newer employer reviews for Provident Credit Union

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Lending Department  in  Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Lending Department in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Provident Credit Union full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Provident has great overall benefits. The team that I work with are hardworking and quality-service oriented. My supervisor encourages and mentors my professional growth.

Cons

Provident needs to become more family friendly by offering dependent care health coverage. They could also explore more flexible work hour schedules and telecommuting.

We would really like to see and hear from you more often. Our CEO is amazing, but we seldom see him anymore. He always inspires us to do our best, but we also know that he really cares about us.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Provident Credit Union (View Most Recent)

They will milk you for every ounce of production and never give you a raise.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Provident Credit Union full-time

Pros

Good medical and vision benefits for the employee, but not dependents. I was fortunate to hire and work with great employees, but management and above is a complete joke.

Cons

Provident Credit Union does not have the credit union mentality at all! They do not appreciate their employees and do not do much to support their communities. Upper management openly states their philosophy that any employee is replaceable but then is angry at the high rate of turnover. No matter how well you do, you are always under the microscope and the company will always demand MORE MORE MORE. They will carry as few staff as possible and demand an unreasonable amount of sales production from each employee - the sales goals go up every year and the compensation goes down. Many of the sales goals contradict each other so it is virtually impossible to meet all your goals, making it impossible to avoid scrutiny from upper management. Salaried employees are expected to work 10 hours a day and sometimes 6 days a week. Good luck actually being able to use your PTO. Also, they do not give annual raises. The only way to get a raise is to get promoted (an extremely difficult feat since they do not promote within), and if you do manage to get a promotion, you will likely regret taking it.

Learn how to value your employees. Say what you mean and mean what you say. Stop managing by fear.

Possibly the best employer I've worked for

I have been working at Provident Credit Union full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people in my department, we have had many of the same people since I started with Provident. PCU is definitely the employer I've worked for the longest in my life.

Cons

Upper management has their heads in the clouds much of if not all of the time.
    As petty as it sounds, they stopped having an annual awards banquet a few years ago and the cohesiveness within the company hasn't been the same since.

Perhaps treat the branch staff a little better, there is more churn with our branch staff than Kraft Foods has at their butter factory.

There are newer employer reviews for Provident Credit Union

Worked for Provident Credit Union? Contribute to the Community!