Provident Funding

There are newer employer reviews for Provident Funding

You get what you put in

Current Employee - Mortgage Underwriter and Closer in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Mortgage Underwriter and Closer in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Provident Funding full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Hard work is noticed and rewarded
-Fellow employees are friendly and easy to get along with
-Good pay and great increases
-Upper management is easily accessible and willing to listen to ideas
-Promotions are earned and not given for tenure

Employees need to understand the basis of the company and be on board with the overall goal. Provident creates a very concrete product and expects its employees to do this efficiently. If you are not found of working hard and actually earning what you make, I suggest you steer clear. Great company to work for with solid ideals and morals in a less than par industry. Helps to build great communication and multitasking skills as well as a solid work ethic.

For the reviewers who stated the job consists of looking at a computer screen for 8+ hours, I ask, what did you expect to do with that finance or accounting degree?

Cons

-Structure for advancement could be clearer

87 Other Employee Reviews for Provident Funding (View Most Recent)

If you have the talent, you have the opportunity.

Current Employee - Department Lead in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Department Lead in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Provident Funding full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1. Graduated from a top 25 university and started working here as a Customer Rep for 1 week. They promoted me because I top the chart in exceeding the 90+ call requirement and administrative tasks the first week on my job. Good indication that if you work hard, you will get promoted!

2. Stayed at my 2nd position for another 8 months (make a huge sum of money in commission) and top the chart again. I came up with some ideads and proposed a new business plan to help the company grow. The manager and the executives loved it and promoted me to lead a brand new department. They spport talent!

3. Very good salary for me so far, average at 25% annual increase. I'm not even 25, making about 80k/yr gross.

Cons

1. Some management issues as some managers are a little out of touch with the employees

2. Some offices don't have good infrastructure (but they are spending more money in improving them, so I guess it's getting better.)

3. Production employees, underwriters, closers, loan processors etc., are definitely overworked! They are also piling up cash from overtime though.

1. Hire more people to reduce load work
    2. Improve work enviroment with better infrastructure and team-building projects
    3. Managers need to show their employees respect and spend time to understand the effort/time being put into completing their work rather than just shouting out orders.

No communication from Management, dishonest business practices

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Provident Funding full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Unlikely that the Company will go under so employment outlook is fairly stable compared to the rest of the lending industry.

Cons

The workloads are not evenly distributed. It is common to see some employees running out the door at 5:00pm everyday while others are frequently working into the night and on weekends. Management disavows all knowledge of problems being reported to them. Employees ask for additional help or training repeatedly, their requests go unanswered and then Management likes to issue write ups when the problems come to light later in the form of bad press, lawsuits or scrutiny from regulatory oversight. They act as if is were the very first time they have been made aware despite a mile long chain of emails proving they were informed months prior, the Employee is usually blamed despite asking for help or attempting to have issues corrected. During annual audits they cherry pick the information they choose to give to the Auditors. If something is perceived to negatively affect their statistics they simply omit the information altogether. They are now offing their services to private label clients but have greatly overstated their ability to service loans outside their niche of conventional loan products. Employees have no experience dealing with many of the loan programs/types that Management is representing themselves to be "Experts" of. Employees that choose to give 2 weeks notice are often dismissed on the spot despite no past performance issues. Employees that leave are often later painted as being ungrateful or under achievers though they never had any performance issues while employed. The tone of emails from Management are often very hostile and threatening. Advancement is unlikely unless you are related to the Owners. Female employees have it even worse as there are extremely few women in any position of authority. The low number of paid holidays, poor raises, unreasonable workload and scant benefits package all further demonstrate that they view their employees as expendable rather than the Men and Woman who are making their lifestyle and success possible.

None. You would never accept the idea that your way of doing things is less than perfect so any advice would be wasted on you anyway.

There are newer employer reviews for Provident Funding