Provident Funding
www.providentfunding.com San Bruno, CA 500 to 999 Employees

You get what you put in

Mortgage Underwriter and Closer (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Provident Funding full-time for more than 3 years

Pros-Hard work is noticed and rewarded
-Fellow employees are friendly and easy to get along with
-Good pay and great increases
-Upper management is easily accessible and willing to listen to ideas
-Promotions are earned and not given for tenure

Employees need to understand the basis of the company and be on board with the overall goal. Provident creates a very concrete product and expects its employees to do this efficiently. If you are not found of working hard and actually earning what you make, I suggest you steer clear. Great company to work for with solid ideals and morals in a less than par industry. Helps to build great communication and multitasking skills as well as a solid work ethic.

For the reviewers who stated the job consists of looking at a computer screen for 8+ hours, I ask, what did you expect to do with that finance or accounting degree?

Cons-Structure for advancement could be clearer

No communication from Management, dishonest business practices

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Provident Funding full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Unlikely that the Company will go under so employment outlook… Cons: The workloads are not evenly distributed. It is common to see some employees running out the door at 5:00pm everyday while others are frequently… Advice to Senior Management: None. You would never accept the idea that your way of doing… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not a wonderful place to work unless you want to work Christmas Eve

Funder (Former Employee)
Burlingame, CA

I worked at Provident Funding full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good entry level job position Cons: Horrible management terrible stay away Advice to Senior Management: Listen No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Provident Funding.

Worked for Provident Funding? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Provident Funding reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Provident Funding CEO Craig Pica. All reviews posted anonymously by Provident Funding employees.