Provident Funding

There are newer employer reviews for Provident Funding

MC

Former Employee - Mortgage Consultant in San Bruno, CA
Former Employee - Mortgage Consultant in San Bruno, CA

I worked at Provident Funding full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a relatively young company composed of new and recent graduates, they are easy to talk to since you will be within their age group.
The people there are nice unless it's your manager. Those are different groups of animals.
There are bright people within the company who can do well.
For goal oriented people this place offer a little nice reward if you get to a MC position.

Cons

You need to know what you are getting your self into. Career growth is almost none if you are not a type A person who would constantly market yourself and get your manager to notice you.

There is no middle management. Once you get to know the management you notice their last names are awfully familiar.

Respect is secondary.

The work is repetitive and machine like.

Benefits are rudimentary, you get basic health package and no contribution to retirement/401k.

None. Sir, you have build a wonderful machine, just keep the cogs oiled and you will do fine.

83 Other Employee Reviews for Provident Funding (View Most Recent)

You get what you put in

Current Employee - Mortgage Underwriter and Closer in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Mortgage Underwriter and Closer in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Provident Funding full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Hard work is noticed and rewarded
    -Fellow employees are friendly and easy to get along with
    -Good pay and great increases
    -Upper management is easily accessible and willing to listen to ideas
    -Promotions are earned and not given for tenure

Employees need to understand the basis of the company and be on board with the overall goal. Provident creates a very concrete product and expects its employees to do this efficiently. If you are not found of working hard and actually earning what you make, I suggest you steer clear. Great company to work for with solid ideals and morals in a less than par industry. Helps to build great communication and multitasking skills as well as a solid work ethic.

For the reviewers who stated the job consists of looking at a computer screen for 8+ hours, I ask, what did you expect to do with that finance or accounting degree?

Cons

-Structure for advancement could be clearer

If you have the talent, you have the opportunity.

Current Employee - Department Lead in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Department Lead in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Provident Funding full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1. Graduated from a top 25 university and started working here as a Customer Rep for 1 week. They promoted me because I top the chart in exceeding the 90+ call requirement and administrative tasks the first week on my job. Good indication that if you work hard, you will get promoted!

2. Stayed at my 2nd position for another 8 months (make a huge sum of money in commission) and top the chart again. I came up with some ideads and proposed a new business plan to help the company grow. The manager and the executives loved it and promoted me to lead a brand new department. They spport talent!

3. Very good salary for me so far, average at 25% annual increase. I'm not even 25, making about 80k/yr gross.

Cons

1. Some management issues as some managers are a little out of touch with the employees

2. Some offices don't have good infrastructure (but they are spending more money in improving them, so I guess it's getting better.)

3. Production employees, underwriters, closers, loan processors etc., are definitely overworked! They are also piling up cash from overtime though.

1. Hire more people to reduce load work
    2. Improve work enviroment with better infrastructure and team-building projects
    3. Managers need to show their employees respect and spend time to understand the effort/time being put into completing their work rather than just shouting out orders.

There are newer employer reviews for Provident Funding