Provident Funding

www.providentfunding.com

If you thrive on conflict, stress and micro managing, you'll love it here!!

Mortgage Underwriter (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsYou will get paid to work. It's easy to get hired. If you went to college, show up to your interview on time, and don't say anything too weird you'll get hired.

ConsYou start out with 0 days vacation/sick and earn days as you work. You accumulate less than 1 day per month until the 2 year mark then you earn a fraction more per month. You don't get most holidays off, you can count on 4 - 6 paid holidays per year depending on if days like Christmas and New years fall on the weekend or weekdays. There's also serious pressure to work overtime during the busy times (which is the majority of the time considering the company is wildly understaffed). You are bothered all day long by brokers, title agents, managers and fellow co workers telling you you're doing things wrong. There's pressure to have perfect work and not get audits so staff will turn on eachother and try to pass the blame to whoever they can to avoid an audit exception in their employee file.

This company is also obsessed with reports. Every task you complete has a point value assigned to it. Every day production reports are emailed out to every employee. These reports list every single person by name and shows exactly what they did the day before and if they hit their 100 points or not. They even go as far as to put little red and blue lines in the report to highlight who didn't hit their points that day. Then every monday, we get a weekly production summary. Month end, we get a monthly summary etc etc. These reports don't take into account days you were training, or assigned to a non point producing task such as calling on pipeline to get conditions in. The reports also don't account for holidays or PTO days. So you can hit over 100% every day you are at work and still have a below average production rating if you dared to take a day off of work. They also send out audit reports listing everyone's name and any mistake they've made.

There is no work life balance. When interviewing, if you talk about your aspirations to pursue an MBA or other degree program, you probably won't be hired. They want workers straight out of college with no families who are need to pay student loans and gain work experience. They do not value their employees at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's currently a movement to hire new employees. The focus is, what can we do to get more people in the door? Stop focusing on that and start focusing on your enormous turn over rates. Focus on making the environment less hostile and stressful. Instead of having the CEO say, "hey I want you guys to enjoy coming to work and have fun with in" then having zero follow through and zero changes, start doing something about it. You can't just will people to enjoy their jobs when you know it's a tough and stressful job. Put your money where your mouth is too. We're setting company records for volume and quality but we still only get $6 each to buy a nice lunch for ourselves for the "Christmas party." You can't even get a combo meal at jack in the box for $6....seriously.

You get what you put in

Mortgage Underwriter and Closer (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Provident Funding full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: -Hard work is noticed and rewarded -Fellow employees are friendly and easy to get along with -Good pay and great increases -Upper management is easily accessible and… Cons: -Structure for advancement could be clearer Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

No communication from Management, dishonest business practices

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Provident Funding full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Unlikely that the Company will go under so employment outlook… Cons: The workloads are not evenly distributed. It is common to see some employees running out the door at 5:00pm everyday while others are frequently… Advice to Senior Management: None. You would never accept the idea that your way of doing… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Provident Funding.

Worked for Provident Funding? Contribute to the Community!