Provincial Airlines

www.provincialairlines.com
Unclaimed Profile

Always a Name, Never a Number

I have been working at Provincial Airlines

Pros

Great salaries, always the opportunity to progress and be promoted to the ambitious individual. Very positive growth, very diverse interests and it's hard to find a strong, diverse and positive growth company in this industry. Awesome benefit from travel passes on major airlines, full medical coverage to Group matching RRSP contributions. I find them fair, amd the proper employees are rewarded by promotions etc for thier hard work and company dedication. There is no Union and never will be.

Cons

Can be some long hours, weekends and holidays...it is an airline, flies 365 days a year.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Proceed with Caution

Current Employee - Assistant in Saint John's, NL (Canada)
    Current Employee - Assistant in Saint John's, NL (Canada)

I have been working at Provincial Airlines

Pros

Salaries are higher at PAL in comparison to many other private Newfoundland companies (outside of the Energy sector). However, long hours, weekends and being on call are expected in order to earn the higher pay. For a young single person this company is a great way to get started in the airline business if you don't mind the hours and stress.

Cons

There is a lack of direction for the company and differing priorities are set frequently which makes navigating the company difficult. If an employee can stay off the radar from Senior Management, then an employee might be able to survive the high turnover that this company endures. This company expects that your first priority in your life is PAL (especially before any personal time).

Advice to Management

Take more care in your employe; these people are the abassadors for your company especially to the public/your paying customers.

Interesting work, but stifling for progression

Current Employee - Finance in St. John's, NL (Canada)
    Current Employee - Finance in St. John's, NL (Canada)

I have been working at Provincial Airlines full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is reasonable, benefits are competitive, comfortable environment, stable employment. They treat employees well for the most part, and have a considerable quantity of social events.

Cons

Progression opportunities are minimal. I was lured to the job with tales of people progressing quickly and lots of growth, but recently, it's been downsizing and tightening of career paths. Social events are numerous, but very impersonal.

Advice to Management

Understand where you operate. Newfoundland and Labrador is booming and so is the cost of living. Compensation needs to boom or else you will lose your employees. Also, value your employees more. The "snowmen" in place of a picture on the slideshow at the Christmas party for those with 15-20 years service, is outrageous. I would quit on the spot if my employer did this to me with my spouse present.