Prudential Investment Management

www.investmentmanagement.prudential.com
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Prudential Investment Management

Finnancial services for clients..agents may be in the soup line?

Former Employee - Financial Services Associate in Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - Financial Services Associate in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Prudential Investment Management

Pros

Name recognition is good. Finding time to meet with clients between and after required meetings is difficult. Several good product offerings. Wonderful back office support.

Cons

You will starve to death. $4-600/week for the first 12+ weeks, gross. If you can pay the bills on $800/mo. you may make it through phase one. Be prepared to slpit commisions on your sales for the next 1-2 years. MDRT

Advice to Management

Be upfront about the pay, durring the first twelve weeks. Provide recuits with real income. Require them to work for veterans; doing the paperwork, research, prep, and leg work, for an MDRT split or marketing assistant pay. This would offer more income and valuable training and insight.

reviews filtered by

Good money, but that's about it

Former Employee - Investment Operations Associate in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Investment Operations Associate in Newark, NJ

I worked at Prudential Investment Management

Pros

I started working for Pru right after college, they pay pretty well in comparison to other companies out there. They have great benefit options and good amounts of vacation days, but that's about all I can say about their good qualities.

Cons

The saddest part I found about Prudential was the employees, at least the ones that I worked with all seemed to dislike their jobs. I also found that corporate culture wasn't very positive, very few people took leadership roles and I was somewhat disheartened to even try to take on some. Just coming out of college I expected a different attitude from people (at least more positive). I found that the technology in the company was very outdated. My job function required me to be on the phone for good part of the day and the company didn't even provide headsets to their employees. The actual trade management systems are very old and outdated, many of the external companies we dealt with such as Goldman, Bank of America, TD ext had way better procedures and systems. Some of the management were competent, but other managers had very few good management qualities. You can tell they were just placed there because they have been with the company for a long time, not because they were good candidates for management.

Advice to Management

Advice I would give to senior management is to spend more money on technology, because its almost ridiculous that you try to compete in today's business world using outdated systems like the ones we had. Also get rid of lotus notes and switch to outlook like everyone else in corporate America.

Have more training available to managers or hire managers from the outside who have the aptitude for management.

Once a great place to work. Now just a place to work.

Former Employee - Manager in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Manager in Newark, NJ

I worked at Prudential Investment Management

Pros

The people you work with. The support groups work well together and overall have a good time getting the job done.

Cons

The benefits and compensation has been cut. Not sure that they are much better than many start-up company's now. No real pension anymore, just a cash balance and 401K plan. Post Retirement medical is gone for anyone under 40. Unless you are a Senior VP you don't really participate when the company has a good year. You do participate when the company has a bad year. Many of the top guys in the business groups treat the support groups like trash.

Advice to Management

Start looking at making the compensation plans refect company results and not how management thinks the pie should be cut up.