Prudential

Prudential - Good place to start a career

Current Employee - Senior Financial Associate in Newark, NJ
Current Employee - Senior Financial Associate in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Prudential

Pros

Flexible work arrangements, multitude of businesses and opportunities, convenient locations, great people

Cons

Pay is below average in my opinion, hard to navigate a career around the company if you are unsure of what you want to do, Newark is a rough city

I'm in a rotation program and the rotations are all very similar and limited in terms of skills acquired. Plus side would be exploring various business groups, but always using the same skills within each group limits professional growth.

Take time to get to know your employees and understand their work

683 Other Employee Reviews for Prudential (View Most Recent)

Not exactly what I was told when recruited

Current Employee - Financial Services Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Financial Services Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Prudential

Pros

some flexability, people really do need the products. You do have the opportunity to "own" your own business.

Cons

Training was the worst I have seen at any job. The training manager was more worries about herself than doing a good job, had no knowledge of the products being sold and was a joke. Management changed every couple months. It does not make you feel good when you have three managers in a year. They talk about giving people leads but when they finally do, they are old, are not valid, or in areas you cannot even afford to drive to.

Give people a real chance to get started. A small salary would be a great help.

A career that ROCKS!

Current Employee - Director, Training in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Director, Training in Portland, OR

I have been working at Prudential

Pros

For hardworking and motivated individuals, Prudential has much to offer. I joined right out of college and have had endless opportunities, unlike any of my peers at other organizations and in different industries. Opportunity exists to be of great service to clients while at the same time earn great financial rewards.

Cons

Very big. Sometimes can be difficult to work through maze of resources. However, the size also brings with it benefits such as name recognition, great benefits and unlimited career opportunities.

Recruit from college campuses. I think there is an entire generation of students who would be interested in 'writing their own tickets', which they'll be able to at Prudential.

There are newer employer reviews for Prudential