Prudential

www.prudential.com

Prudential is one of the best places to work!

Vice President (Current Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsI have been with Prudential 25 years now in a variety of different roles and business groups. Prudential has an enormous amount of opportunities for the hard-working, qualified, and motivated employees. If you are not satisfied with Pru it is likely your own fault and you should look within yourself and your job performance. Unfortunately too many people today feel a sense of entitlement - grow up! You aren't entitled to anything you don't work hard for. And, if you are unfortunate enough to work for management who doesn't recognize your hard efforts - post out! Another wonderful Prudential benefit is the job posting board - you are eligible to post after you have been in an assignment for at least a year.

You are the only one who has control over your career. Prudential has personally offered me many growth and diversified opportunities. I climbed the "ladder" so to speak through hard work, dedication and motivation and not for any other reason. If I was ever in an area where I didn't respect management I took ownership of my career and posted out.

Prudential also offers one of the best work-life balance programs a company can offer to employees. There are so many flexible working options offered to the high performers, which is one of the top reasons I stay with the company - it is a priceless benefit to have.

ConsLack of consistency between management. I have observed management across lines of business are not consistent with how they manage people. Some areas fully support benefits such as work/life balance and others do not even consider it. Same with compensation. Prudential has a very generous compensation plan. We are all highly paid for what we do. The decisions on compensation, however, are very subjective and inconsistent strategies are used in the varying HR departments.

Being in management I think I also have a right to say that too many managers ignore employee issues and do not take the courage to confront the issues and help empoyees grow. For a company that his cutting back so significantly on bonuses and comp they should really be getting rid of all the dead weight. Get a "set" and show us your true leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee above.

Let's get our stock price back up to 95!

Analyst (Current Employee) Newark, NJ

I have been working at Prudential

Pros: Diversity and work/life balance is emphasized greatly. Free parking and a ton of vaction days are granted each year. commuting to the Newark… Cons: Salary and bonus is low compared to other financial fimrs Advice to Senior Management: Pay more! More

Classic example of corporate America. Acceptable, but not exceptional.

Senior Copywriting Specialist (Current Employee) Roseland, NJ

I have been working at Prudential

Pros: Solid financial company prepared to weather difficult times. Formal programs for time off and work life balance. No drama, calm personalities working in a professional… Cons: Leadership examples do not reinforce the time off and work-life balance programs. Even though the written policies emphasize the importance of work-life balance, the examples… Advice to Senior Management: Instruct middle managers to actively support time off and work-life balance policies. Clarify the… More

There are newer reviews on Prudential.

Worked for Prudential? Contribute to the Community!