Prudential

There are newer employer reviews for Prudential

Job Security..??????

Current Employee - Associate Business Manager
Current Employee - Associate Business Manager

I have been working at Prudential full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

When i joined the organisation i feel proud and got three promotion in five year.

Cons

Organisation going to down side but..upto date with time to time

Please ensure your employee feel job security in Prudential...i think no.

683 Other Employee Reviews for Prudential (View Most Recent)

Started great, but turned for worse as management changed focus.

I worked at Prudential full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

My peers were some of the most talented, intelligent individuals I ever had the pleasure to work with, and their integrity and commitment was amazing. The support we received from our one-ups could not be beat, and the name "Prudential" opened many doors for us.

Cons

Our leaders bosses, did not have the integrity of our management, and because of that our unit suffered. While nothing was ever done that was illegal, their to support our efforts ultimately lead to the inability for the group to maintain its' momentum, and finally led to its demise.

Be strategic, stay strategic.

Get your licenses then find a real job

Current Employee - Financial Professional Associate
    Current Employee - Financial Professional Associate

I have been working at Prudential full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours, coworkers are friendly, professional atmosphere, the Prudential name is widely known. Most importantly, you get the licenses necessary to be able to apply to salaried positions with other companies.

Cons

Where do I begin.... I'll start with Prudential having a widely known name. Because of that, people THINK you are more successful than you really are when you tell them what you do. And this leads into the rest... you get no salary as a Financial Professional Associate, it's 100% commissions. If you don't sell well enough, you get zero bonuses from sales. In this role you are absolutely a leach- management makes you call your friends, family, relatives, ect., to "discuss thier financial futures". Your family will usually will entertain this out of pitty, and once you and your manager are in front of them your manager will try to sell them a bill of goods (annuities, life insurance, and mutual funds) that they most likely don't need. I personally have been on both sides of the coin with this job, as I did it for a year... When I sold my family and relatives insurance I was the "rock star" of the office. I made an awesome income being a leach. 6 months later after I had gone through them and was relying on cold-calling and buying BS "leads" online, I was constantly talked to by my manager about why my sales had fallen off sharply. If you don't produce in this job you are treated awfully. I would ONLY recommend this job to people who A) already have a wide social network of people who have money and need insurance, or B) want their Series 6 securites license in order to be able to move onto a salaried financial position. And trust me, there are plenty of salaried positions once you have that license

None. They are leaches who take advantage of your acquaintances

There are newer employer reviews for Prudential