Prudential
www.prudential.com Newark, NJ 5000+ Employees

Location is both a blessing and a curse

Strategy (Current Employee)
Newark, NY

ProsStrong commitment to social causes, both in and out of the company; great benefits relative to other large companies; decent pay for flexible hours; access to very senior leaders can be possible if you are in the right role and show capability.

ConsNewark is not that pleasant; very political organization - your bonus and advancement can depend on whose butt you kiss; they are a dinosaur when it comes to technology; low performers can hide and stick around because people committee everything to death.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot everyone can be a manager of people - please recognize that a poor manager can cause terrible shockwaves and demotivate even the most talented employees. If you really want to be known for talent, allow your feedback process to weed out bad managers (360 degree feedback would help). That doesn't mean they are bad workers, just should not be supervising people.

Prudential has been a good place to work - however, I think they need to up the pay scale to meet the marketplace.

Process Management (Current Employee)
    Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Prudential full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Work/Life balance is excellent, benefits are also good, and the networking organizations within the company are worth the time and… Cons: Pay is too low for middle management and project management positions, and the… Advice to Senior Management: None - if I could be doing a better job… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

On the solid rock I stand

Financial Professional (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Prudential full-time for more than a year

Pros: Popular company to represent with pride Training on how to look and sound… Cons: High expectations too early or too soon Very steep learning curve Advice to Senior Management: More coaching on how to get appropriate help on the job Look into high turn… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Prudential.

Worked for Prudential? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Prudential reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Prudential CEO John R. Strangfeld Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Prudential employees.