Prudential

www.prudential.com
  www.prudential.com
There are newer employer reviews for Prudential

Location is both a blessing and a curse

Current Employee - Strategy in Newark, NY
Current Employee - Strategy in Newark, NY

I have been working at Prudential full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Strong commitment to social causes, both in and out of the company; great benefits relative to other large companies; decent pay for flexible hours; access to very senior leaders can be possible if you are in the right role and show capability.

Cons

Newark is not that pleasant; very political organization - your bonus and advancement can depend on whose butt you kiss; they are a dinosaur when it comes to technology; low performers can hide and stick around because people committee everything to death.

Not everyone can be a manager of people - please recognize that a poor manager can cause terrible shockwaves and demotivate even the most talented employees. If you really want to be known for talent, allow your feedback process to weed out bad managers (360 degree feedback would help). That doesn't mean they are bad workers, just should not be supervising people.

683 Other Employee Reviews for Prudential (View Most Recent)

The best

Current Employee - Summer Agency Marketing Associate in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Summer Agency Marketing Associate in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Prudential as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Very satisfying, great people, great hours

Cons

There is nothing wrong with this office. It's perfect. I was 100% committed to work somewhere else before this summer, but this experience really made me reconsider.

nothing. keep it up.

Prudential has been a good place to work - however, I think they need to up the pay scale to meet the marketplace.

Current Employee - Process Management in Fort Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Process Management in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Prudential full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Work/Life balance is excellent, benefits are also good, and the networking organizations within the company are worth the time and effort, management training is good - however, I think there can be more training for associates transitioning into new roles.

Cons

Pay is too low for middle management and project management positions, and the company is so very big, its easy to lose sight of the big picture.

None - if I could be doing a better job than they are - I would do it!

There are newer employer reviews for Prudential