Prudential

www.prudential.com

Not what I signed up for

FPA Career Development Program (Current Employee) Austin, TX

Pros- Strong product and brand recognition
 - You get a cubicle and a phone
 - You get a laptop if you ask for it.
 - Laid back manager is easy to work with and a genuinely nice guy
 - Pretty great coworkers
 - Good online self-paced training
 - Kid-Friendly
 - Good Wholesaler support

Cons- One manager with no admin support cannot cover appointments for 10 reps.
 - Manager frequently cancels appointments and leaves the office to "run errands."
 - In CDP you are forbidden to close a sale without supervision.
 - I lost several sales due to lack of management support.
 - I had multiple ethical conflicts with the manager. Read the rules and be prepared to say "no."
 - Training program looks great on paper. Reality is we see a trainer every 2-3 weeks
 - Trainer talks about his career for 45 minutes, covers the training material for 15 minutes, and passes around the sign-in sheet. Later they "prove" that they trained you.
 - Austin office is managed by Houston. You can't mail anything or get supplies like paper and printer ink unless it comes from Houston. All HR and compliance support also comes from Houston.
 - Compensation is 45% of GDR base with E-Bonus of 14% in the first year. AXA is 55% + 30%
 - I was given an external hard drive and told to buy a laptop. Other reps were given laptops.
 - I received no marketing support and no prospecting support.
 - The answer to most questions is, "call the help desk."
 - I was discouraged by my manager from working with any other experienced agent including wholesalers and the advanced markets team.
 - I was told there was a $32K "training stipend." That is not true.

Advice to Senior Management- Reps should begin prospecting for term life insurance as soon as they are licensed
 - Lack of training hurts everyone. What I experienced is an insult to the Brand.
 - One man cannot run an office and cover 10 reps with no support.
 - Calling Houston to send us printer ink is stupid.
 - Trainees are not qualified to take a consultative approach or do financial planning. Tell it like it is: you're here to sell life insurance and annuities for Prudential.
 - Helping reps prospect efficiently is good for everyone.

Depends on the department

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Roseland, NJ

I worked at Prudential full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Some really strong and progressive leaders that offer you a… Cons: If you are unlucky and get a bad manager with a bad… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the feedback of leaders with successful track records. Get over your ego and find… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good company to work for with potential growth opportunities!

Process Management Associate (Former Employee) Roseland, NJ

I worked at Prudential full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Prudential offers employees a fair work life balance. The work from home option is a plus! Career conferences are informative and relevant… Cons: In some areas you need to adjust to corporate politics.… Advice to Senior Management: Not all managers are good managers of people. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Prudential.

Worked for Prudential? Contribute to the Community!