Prudential

www.prudential.com

Movement Very Difficult

Process Management Specialist (Former Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsGreat Benefits. Expensive but excellent choices. The perks are nice too... lots of nice to haves. If your in a small area, really good at your job you can stay in the position forever. There are hardly and terminations for cause.

ConsPeople stay in their jobs for too long so there's very new talent. It's not unusaual to see employees celebrating 30,35 years and have 6 or 7 of these within one department. This makes it very difficult to move around within the company at mid-management levels. Also posting into new positions is almost impossible. Hiring managers already have a candidate identified and will interview others just as a matter of process. It's very easy to get stuck in a position and have no where to go except to leave the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate some structured career paths so that employees are not sitting in the same positions for 30+ years. Cross train, rotate people etc.

Nice place to work, but lots of bureaucracy and clique mentality in some areas

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Hartford, CT

I have been working at Prudential full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Great overall pay and benefits. Nice mission Cons: Employee may easily hit the glass ceiling. Extremely risk averse. Slow ship to turn. Managed… Advice to Senior Management: Take a chance on your employees for advancement Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not what I signed up for

FPA Career Development Program (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at Prudential part-time for less than a year

Pros: - Strong product and brand recognition - You get a cubicle and a phone - You get a laptop if you ask for it. … Cons: - One manager with no admin support cannot cover appointments for 10 reps. - Manager frequently cancels appointments and leaves the office to "run errands." … Advice to Senior Management: - Reps should begin prospecting for term life insurance as soon as they are licensed - Lack of training hurts everyone. What I experienced is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Prudential.

Worked for Prudential? Contribute to the Community!