Prudential
www.prudential.com Newark, NJ 5000+ Employees

Smart people and solid ethics, but typical bureaucracy in many areas, especially corporate functions.

Vice President (Former Employee)
Hartford, CT

ProsPrudential is very well capitalized and diversified across its multiple businesses and global markets, which few--including many analysts--do not understand or appreciate. This is best demonstrated by its often volatile stock price, despite solid earnings year after year. How many recognize that more than half of Prudential's earnings are from international businesses? From an employee perspective, its benefits and one's colleagues combine with innovative product to provide rewarding and satisfying careers.

ConsCorporate functions can be stultifying. In particular, the lines of business have difficulty maintaining business momentum when they interact with the bureaucracy within human resources, technology, communications, and others. It's not debilitating; it's just unfortunate that there appear to be different and conflicting agendas that impede progress.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean out or revitalize "shared services" functions.

Prudential Northwest Realty is a leader in technology support systems for their brokers-

Managing Broker (Current Employee)
    Kent, WA

I have been working at Prudential full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great support from staff and management Cons: They take a big share of the commission Advice to Senior Management: Create a 100% program for senior agents or a home… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Actuarial Intern

Actuarial Associate (Former Employee)
    Hartford, CT

I worked at Prudential as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Great pay, got a car for the summer. Lots… Cons: Headquartered in Newark, NJ. If you have been there, I don't need to say… Advice to Senior Management: Get out of Newark! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Prudential.

Worked for Prudential? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Prudential reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Prudential CEO John R. Strangfeld . All reviews posted anonymously by Prudential employees.