There are newer employer reviews for Prudential

Great training, benefits, everything else was third rate

Former Intern - Agent in New York, NY
Former Intern - Agent in New York, NY

I worked at Prudential as an intern (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is the office in rock center. Formalized training program, good benefits, nice co-workers that I still enjoy friendships even years after leaving.

Cons

Unreasonable, stressful working conditions. They are breathing down to your neck and will not leave you alone if you do not make sales. And it is a very difficult environment to make sales. First of all, you have to do all of your own cold calling, see clients in their homes/businesses, take care of paperwork, and THEN, report to management on a daily basis of your activities. How does anyone get anything done? Also, at the time I was there, they withheld 90% of your commissions, paying you only 10% every week of the total you brought in to the company. So if/when you leave, you don't get whatever is remaining. I'm not sure that is very legal.

Advice to Management

Give the agents some space and room to breathe! The ones that won't make it will eventually quit due to the lack of their own production. The ones who work hard and who are trying - you risk alienating them by setting overly exaggerated expectations and then haranguing them for results - daily. You've lost good people this way and you'll continue to lose until you start changing your philosophy on managing people.

reviews filtered by

Great training program...Flexible hours

Current Employee - Financial Professional Associate in Uniondale, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Professional Associate in Uniondale, NY

I have been working at Prudential part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Supportive management team, able to test out career part time while working full time elsewhere, helpful training towards licensing. If you make it past training program, excellent benefits package and bonus potential.

Cons

Hiring process is long and licensing is not a joke

2. Nice Company

I have been working at Prudential

Pros

You get our what you put into the job

Cons

Economy not in condition to warrant the risk

There are newer employer reviews for Prudential