Prudential

There are newer employer reviews for Prudential

Investment ops

Former Employee - Senior Accounting Associate in Newark, NJ
Former Employee - Senior Accounting Associate in Newark, NJ

I worked at Prudential full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good work life balance, decent pay for hours worked. Friendly people. Benefits were great. For continuing education, PRU pays 12,000 per year for education with no contract. I would go back to work for Prudential, but not in investment ops.

Cons

Employees given no clue on exactly how raises and bonuses compared to peers. Investment ops is filled with people who seemed to not care about their career, very 9-5 if that is what you are looking for.

Reward performers and don't let poor performers keep their jobs just because they have been employed with company since the 70's

Mr. Strangfeld has done an excellent job running the firm in this tough economic climate.

682 Other Employee Reviews for Prudential (View Most Recent)

Not bad, but...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA

I have been working at Prudential full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to work from home, and the Prudential name looks great on your resume. Most of your co-workers are friendly, intelligent and respectful. On-site gym and cafeteria.

Cons

Many of your days are spent in meetings, many on "diversity" and "ethics" training. But, there's no formal work-related training in most departments. People are more interested in asking you about your weekend than asking if you need any help. I have many days where I have done very little, then I'm thrown into a task where I have no direction or idea of what I am to do. Many people have been in the same role for 15+ years and are unwilling to accept change that can benefit the dept. New hires can appear to be a threat, thus the lack of training, in my opinion.

Take a good look at the contributions of those who have been in roles too long. Maybe it's time to bring in people with newer and better ideas. Because, many of them are just flying under the radar, doing very little and collecting a big fat check.

Very professional yet relaxed work environment. Great paid time off. Good training.

Former Employee - Retirement Services Associate in Dubuque, IA
    Former Employee - Retirement Services Associate in Dubuque, IA

I worked at Prudential full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great PTO. Comfortable work environment. Lots to learn and good training. Respectable company and retirement products. If you like call center work the path to promotion are clear and possible. Informed and reliable management.

Cons

Repetitive work. Typical call center environment but with a quality and respectable product. They claim there is a lot of opportunities to move up in the organization but opportunities outside of the call center are rare.

There are newer employer reviews for Prudential