Prudential

www.prudential.com

Not bad, but...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Scranton, PA

ProsPlenty of opportunities to work from home, and the Prudential name looks great on your resume. Most of your co-workers are friendly, intelligent and respectful. On-site gym and cafeteria.

ConsMany of your days are spent in meetings, many on "diversity" and "ethics" training. But, there's no formal work-related training in most departments. People are more interested in asking you about your weekend than asking if you need any help. I have many days where I have done very little, then I'm thrown into a task where I have no direction or idea of what I am to do. Many people have been in the same role for 15+ years and are unwilling to accept change that can benefit the dept. New hires can appear to be a threat, thus the lack of training, in my opinion.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a good look at the contributions of those who have been in roles too long. Maybe it's time to bring in people with newer and better ideas. Because, many of them are just flying under the radar, doing very little and collecting a big fat check.

Very professional yet relaxed work environment. Great paid time off. Good training.

Retirement Services Associate (Former Employee) Dubuque, IA

I worked at Prudential full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great PTO. Comfortable work environment. Lots to learn and good training. Respectable company and retirement products. If… Cons: Repetitive work. Typical call center environment but with a quality and respectable product. They claim there is a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Investment ops

Senior Accounting Associate (Former Employee) Newark, NJ

I worked at Prudential full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good work life balance, decent pay for hours worked. Friendly people. Benefits were great. For continuing education, PRU pays… Cons: Employees given no clue on exactly how raises and bonuses compared to peers. Investment ops is filled with… Advice to Senior Management: Reward performers and don't let poor performers keep their jobs just because they have been employed with… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Prudential.

Worked for Prudential? Contribute to the Community!