Prudential
www.prudential.com Newark, NJ 5000+ Employees

Not bad, but...

Scranton, PA

I have been working at Prudential full-time for more than 10 years

ProsPlenty of opportunities to work from home, and the Prudential name looks great on your resume. Most of your co-workers are friendly, intelligent and respectful. On-site gym and cafeteria.

ConsMany of your days are spent in meetings, many on "diversity" and "ethics" training. But, there's no formal work-related training in most departments. People are more interested in asking you about your weekend than asking if you need any help. I have many days where I have done very little, then I'm thrown into a task where I have no direction or idea of what I am to do. Many people have been in the same role for 15+ years and are unwilling to accept change that can benefit the dept. New hires can appear to be a threat, thus the lack of training, in my opinion.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a good look at the contributions of those who have been in roles too long. Maybe it's time to bring in people with newer and better ideas. Because, many of them are just flying under the radar, doing very little and collecting a big fat check.

Very Flexible

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Dresher, PA

I worked at Prudential full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Training is great, benefits are very good. The work and family balance,… Cons: "Cliques" with management dominate the environment,..some management can be act unethical. … Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the employees and do what you say you… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Pay attention - and research your positions history

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Dresher, PA

I worked at Prudential full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: 75% of the employees care, and know what they are doing. 25% of those people will help you in… Cons: Since they went public - The majority are watching their own paths/career & "Manglement" is looking out for the next "Cost Saving" move to increase… Advice to Senior Management: Stop "leveraging" domestic employee's for quantity over quality. Coverage does not get the job done right. Respect is earned,… More

There are newer reviews on Prudential.

Worked for Prudential? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Prudential reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Prudential CEO John R. Strangfeld Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Prudential employees.