There are newer employer reviews for Prudential

Great place to work, even though salary is on the lighter slide for financial service companies

Former Employee - Manager, Financial Analysis in Newark, NJ
Former Employee - Manager, Financial Analysis in Newark, NJ

I worked at Prudential full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work/life balance, culture, opportunities, peers, management

Cons

Compensation, although more than offset by work/place balance

654 Other Employee Reviews for Prudential (View Most Recent)

Solid Company with Silo Business Operations

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Prudential full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people that are always willing to partner. Benefits and work/life balance is excellent. Pay above or close to market averages. Very loyal and values it's employee-base--makes you feel like family.

Cons

It's located in Newark, NJ. Company does not train newcomers. You jump in an learn to swim. Businesses operates in silos most of the time which makes it hard to seek and find opportunities. Needs a CMO.

Good at first, but it has been deteriorating over the past few years.

Current Employee - Associate Manager, Actuarial in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Associate Manager, Actuarial in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Prudential full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

1) Depending on your area, you have flexible hours. You can work from home from time to time. This comes in handy when you need to get the cable guy, or if you are expecting a delivery, or get sick and don't want to burn through your days off.
    2) Free parking if you don't commute by train or bus.

Cons

1) Headquartered in Newark, NJ, which is very, very dangerous. People get killed near by. There is gun violence on a regular basis in the near by areas. If you drive in, you have to worry about getting your car hijacked. If you take the train in, you have to worry about getting your valuables stolen by street thugs. If I knew Newark was so bad, I would not have applied here at all.
    2) The pay is consistently low versus the industry benchmark, that is, it is consistently at the far left of the bell-curve. If somehow your salary crosses over to the right of the mean for level and experience, they will adjust it the following year so you will move back to the low side.
    3) High level management sound like politicians during town halls. They make their decisions sound like great opportunities to leverage this or that, yet elicit no trust in staff. If you look through the numbers yourself, whenever their available, you can tell that they have only their own personal interests in mind.
    4) Morale has been decreasing ever since the new acquisition and restructuring.

1) Give us truly competitive salaries, not ones that are two standard deviations to the left of the mean for our level and experience. Give us the bench-marked mean salary, or close to it.
    2) Be more transparent to your staff. We don't trust you because you seem sneaking.

There are newer employer reviews for Prudential