Prudential

www.prudential.com
There are newer employer reviews for Prudential

Great job for someone who is self motivated.

Current Employee - Realtor in Friendswood, TX
Current Employee - Realtor in Friendswood, TX

I have been working at Prudential

Pros

Self-employed with time off. You can start work anytime you want to and have plenty of time for your family.

Cons

Houses do not sell and you put a lot of work into the job. Then you make nothing.

Great leadership

704 Other Employee Reviews for Prudential (View Most Recent)

Be prepared to starve for a while before your career takes off...

Current Employee - Financial Services Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Financial Services Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Prudential

Pros

Flexible schedule, uncapped earning potential, great products.. and a lot of intercompay support. (i.e., experts in annuities, life insurance, or benefits packages that can analyze cases and help you make recommendations).

Cons

When they recruited me they showed me a brochure that said my "potential first year compensation" was $69,000. Ha! Let me tell you.. no matter how good you are, NO ONE makes that much in their first year. Most of the agents I've talked to made between 30 and 40 their first year. Plenty of the older agents make bank, but you have to be prepared to struggle for a while. Make sure that you have enough saved up (or a spouse) to help you keep afloat when you begin. Also, you have to have a natural market. You'll be asked to come up with a list of 200 people you know who you could potentially sell to, and believe me, they will make you call EVERY SINGLE ONE of those people. It was embarrassing for me. The good news is that as you gain experience, you start to realize that you really can help these people-- Prudential's products are first class-- and you stop feeling like a pushy, aggressive, salesperson.

Give the beginners a better lead program. Not everyone has relatives/neighbors/huge networks to sell to.

Rock your career

Former Employee - Financial Services Associate in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Financial Services Associate in Newark, NJ

I worked at Prudential

Pros

Great people to work with as long as they were with the developers or the DBA's the support people were not very kind. Rotation program will allow you to find out where you really want to work.

Cons

Not much room for growth. Some of the senior management are not really concerned with your career or you personal growth.

Offer some jobs to more people. Many people were interview for very low level position and I have had that none of them were ever contacted.

There are newer employer reviews for Prudential