Prudential

www.prudential.com
  www.prudential.com
There are newer employer reviews for Prudential

Great job for someone who is self motivated.

Current Employee - Realtor in Friendswood, TX
Current Employee - Realtor in Friendswood, TX

I have been working at Prudential

Pros

Self-employed with time off. You can start work anytime you want to and have plenty of time for your family.

Cons

Houses do not sell and you put a lot of work into the job. Then you make nothing.

Great leadership

683 Other Employee Reviews for Prudential (View Most Recent)

Be prepared to starve for a while before your career takes off...

Current Employee - Financial Services Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Financial Services Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Prudential

Pros

Flexible schedule, uncapped earning potential, great products.. and a lot of intercompay support. (i.e., experts in annuities, life insurance, or benefits packages that can analyze cases and help you make recommendations).

Cons

When they recruited me they showed me a brochure that said my "potential first year compensation" was $69,000. Ha! Let me tell you.. no matter how good you are, NO ONE makes that much in their first year. Most of the agents I've talked to made between 30 and 40 their first year. Plenty of the older agents make bank, but you have to be prepared to struggle for a while. Make sure that you have enough saved up (or a spouse) to help you keep afloat when you begin. Also, you have to have a natural market. You'll be asked to come up with a list of 200 people you know who you could potentially sell to, and believe me, they will make you call EVERY SINGLE ONE of those people. It was embarrassing for me. The good news is that as you gain experience, you start to realize that you really can help these people-- Prudential's products are first class-- and you stop feeling like a pushy, aggressive, salesperson.

Give the beginners a better lead program. Not everyone has relatives/neighbors/huge networks to sell to.

Decent Place to start your career.

Current Employee - Financial Services Associate in Marlton, NJ
    Current Employee - Financial Services Associate in Marlton, NJ

I have been working at Prudential

Pros

Great training program for their financial services rep.'s
    1st yr. salary while in training is good compared to other companies

Cons

sales meetings every morning can be non productive
    long hours wo make quota's
    if you miss your monthly quota two times in a roll you are fired

You would do better in retaining your talent if you give them some flexibility in quota's at least within the training periods. Also, the company have such a large client base you should give a little more lead support to new rep's coming in. The phonebook cold calling really is'nt effective and it alienated new rep's trying to learn the business and present themselves as professionals.

There are newer employer reviews for Prudential