There are newer employer reviews for Prudential

Technophobic

Current Employee - Information Technology  in  Scranton, PA
Current Employee - Information Technology in Scranton, PA

I have been working at Prudential

Pros

Fair pay, flexible work schedules in most departments and pretty good benefits. There is a big emphasis on diversity and work, life balance.

Cons

Senior Management, and much of Middle Management are very fearful, distrustful and ignorant of technology. For years it has been seen as a necessary evil, and only embraced when it could offer more metrics. Technology to make the work more efficient, easier or faster takes a back seat to 'what reports can I get out of it?" The technology departments are also being gutted. Layoffs have stripped IT departments of most of their experience.

Spend more time opening lines of communication across and within offices. Listen to your people, not your Veepees and Directors. The EOS is only reflecting what those who still care have to say. All those middle of the road answers reflect people who don't think you care.

635 Other Employee Reviews for Prudential (View Most Recent)

fsa

I have been working at Prudential

Pros

A pro to working at prudential would be that they take their training program seriously, they help you out alot

Cons

Hard to respect some of the managers since most of the financial services associates have more licenses than the manageres

If you dont have many options its definitely a great place to work. However I would recommend something else. Women do real well there

A company that offers a lifelong career and flexibility, but lacks in pay.

Current Employee - Senior Associate, Compliance  in  Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Associate, Compliance in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Prudential

Pros

-great work/life balance
    -most of the senior team in my department have been with the company 10, 15, 20+ years, in many different areas of the business; that shows me unlimited potential for growth within this company

Cons

-they don't make it a secret that the pay is mid-range; I earn much less than my peers at other companies

-this company isn't doing nearly as bad as many of the other finance/insurance companies on the market, they should pay their employees better

There are newer employer reviews for Prudential

Worked for Prudential? Contribute to the Community!