Work / Life balance always a concern at Pru

Former Employee - Director in Iselin, NJ
Former Employee - Director in Iselin, NJ

I worked at Prudential

Pros

The Pru treats their employees better than most companies and continually works at improving work/home balance. Salaries are equal or better than most major Financial Services companies as are benefits.

Cons

The outsourcing of jobs leads to uncertainty within the Inforamtion Technology Community and also frustrates internal and external customers.

Advice to Management

Outsourcing Information Technology work may come back to bite the Prudential because of the decling value of the dollar.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Not exactly what I was told when recruited

Current Employee - Financial Services Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Financial Services Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Prudential

Pros

some flexability, people really do need the products. You do have the opportunity to "own" your own business.

Cons

Training was the worst I have seen at any job. The training manager was more worries about herself than doing a good job, had no knowledge of the products being sold and was a joke. Management changed every couple months. It does not make you feel good when you have three managers in a year. They talk about giving people leads but when they finally do, they are old, are not valid, or in areas you cannot even afford to drive to.

Advice to Management

Give people a real chance to get started. A small salary would be a great help.

A career that ROCKS!

Current Employee - Director, Training in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Director, Training in Portland, OR

I have been working at Prudential

Pros

For hardworking and motivated individuals, Prudential has much to offer. I joined right out of college and have had endless opportunities, unlike any of my peers at other organizations and in different industries. Opportunity exists to be of great service to clients while at the same time earn great financial rewards.

Cons

Very big. Sometimes can be difficult to work through maze of resources. However, the size also brings with it benefits such as name recognition, great benefits and unlimited career opportunities.

Advice to Management

Recruit from college campuses. I think there is an entire generation of students who would be interested in 'writing their own tickets', which they'll be able to at Prudential.