There are newer employer reviews for Prudential

Very Rewarding Career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Vienna, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Prudential

Pros

It's a great place to work if you want to be rewarded for your success. COmpensation is fair and based on results.

Cons

It is a place that requires a lot of effort to build a long term successful business. Have to be willing to meet a lot of people.

Continue to listen to your people in the field to make the right decisions about compensation and benefits. Don't make the decisions based on input from someone who hasn't ever been in the field.

637 Other Employee Reviews for Prudential (View Most Recent)

A great name to work for but need willing and able mentors to help new agents get ahead.

Former Employee - Financial Services Associate  in  City of Industry, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Services Associate in City of Industry, CA

I worked at Prudential

Pros

Well known company that encourages development and advancement in knowledge. Some very helpful managers. Reimburse costs of designations. Team oriented.

Cons

Being team oriented causes competition within company and the unwillingness for some managers to help other agents. Some manager don't care or help their agents as long as they make their salary. Very sales oriented and tends to lead to product selling. Inability for some of the managers to help agents because of their lack of experience. Because of the lack of experience a new agent must find ways to produce prospects and new clients on their own (or with other new agents in my case) which requires a lot of trial and error. Very micro managing, must report day to day activities. Requires you to first tap into your natural market (ie. friends and family) right from the start.

I can't speak for all Pru offices, just my own. I think our office needed more passionate and knowledgeable managers that really cared about helping our clients instead of meeting quotas. When I say knowledgeable I am talking about different markets and how to approach them.

Okay company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dresher, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dresher, PA

I worked at Prudential

Pros

They had the work and were in need of people to finish it. Willing to give you over time and work on Holidays.

Cons

Management was not very good. Favored certain people. Need to be more aware of what their employees are doing and what they are not doing.

There are newer employer reviews for Prudential

Worked for Prudential? Contribute to the Community!