Very Rewarding Career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Prudential

Pros

It's a great place to work if you want to be rewarded for your success. COmpensation is fair and based on results.

Cons

It is a place that requires a lot of effort to build a long term successful business. Have to be willing to meet a lot of people.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your people in the field to make the right decisions about compensation and benefits. Don't make the decisions based on input from someone who hasn't ever been in the field.

reviews filtered by
  1. I have enjoyed my tenure at Prudential.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Prudential

Pros

You are able to interact and learn from many individuals across multiple buisness functions. Along with this there is the ablility to move in between a diverse job pool.

Cons

The monetary compensation is lower then other financial companies in the area.

A great name to work for but need willing and able mentors to help new agents get ahead.

Former Employee - Financial Services Associate in City of Industry, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Services Associate in City of Industry, CA

I worked at Prudential

Pros

Well known company that encourages development and advancement in knowledge. Some very helpful managers. Reimburse costs of designations. Team oriented.

Cons

Being team oriented causes competition within company and the unwillingness for some managers to help other agents. Some manager don't care or help their agents as long as they make their salary. Very sales oriented and tends to lead to product selling. Inability for some of the managers to help agents because of their lack of experience. Because of the lack of experience a new agent must find ways to produce prospects and new clients on their own (or with other new agents in my case) which requires a lot of trial and error. Very micro managing, must report day to day activities. Requires you to first tap into your natural market (ie. friends and family) right from the start.

Advice to Management

I can't speak for all Pru offices, just my own. I think our office needed more passionate and knowledgeable managers that really cared about helping our clients instead of meeting quotas. When I say knowledgeable I am talking about different markets and how to approach them.