Public Consulting Group

www.publicconsultinggroup.com

The Opportunity is what you make it.

Director (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsI've been with PCG now for more than ten years. I started at the bottom and made several moves through the company before reaching the position of Director. It wasn't easy. I had to work for it. PCG gave me many opportunities and each time I rose to the challenge. I didn't wait for them to hand things to me. I made my own path and was rewarded for it.

PCG is full of rewarding career opportunities. Each year the company takes a step forward. It evolves and learns from its mistakes. Have an idea to make things better? Stand up and be heard. They do listen.

Now you will hear that IT has struggled to keep pace with current technologies. And that was true. But things are really changing in this area. The staff has doubled and old staff members have been re-energized with the help of a new CIO and a major investment in infrastructure.

ConsCommunication of news and events within the company is sparce.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in communication tools to increase collaboration within and across offices.

A dreadful experience

Manager (Former Employee) Boston, MA

I worked at Public Consulting Group full-time

Pros: This firm is profitable despite its incompetent leadership, but the… Cons: There are roughly 35 PCG offices and most of them operate as small companies, with no unity or collaboration. This is largely due to pathetic… Advice to Senior Management: Sell your misguided company and retire. Let a reputable firm bring in true management… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I wouldn't...

Consultant (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at Public Consulting Group full-time

Pros: If you work hard and have good ideas, you can kind of build out your own path. There's a lot going on,… Cons: I'd echo many of the cons already posted here like: *No work/life balance *Significant issues with products *Tension between teams and offices, lots of game playing *Favoritism *Cliques and… Advice to Senior Management: I'd take a closer look at your technological systems and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Public Consulting Group.

Worked for Public Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!