Public Outreach

www.publicoutreachrecruitment.com
There are newer employer reviews for Public Outreach

Excellent Experience

I have been working at Public Outreach

Pros

travel opportunities. I have traveled with Public Outreach and worked in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver and Victoria.
growth opportunities. I have grown from being a fundraiser, to running a national program.
Flexibility. My managers have been great with my schedule as I work part time and go to school part time.
It is a great work environment fill of character and most coworkers and managers become friends.
It is meaningful work and not only your manager reminds you that your making an impact but the charities do too. One hospital we fundraised with gave me a tour and I got to meet a kid that had just had a heart transplant in the new ward we helped fund.

Cons

dealing with changing weather conditions can be tough
a lot of people ignore you or say no to making a difference, this can get discouraging so you need to find ways of staying motivated

39 Other Employee Reviews for Public Outreach (View Most Recent)

Great!

I have been working at Public Outreach

Pros

Friendly work environment, an opportunity to work for some amazing causes and organizations, flexible schedule, strong workplace culture, fun times

Cons

not as much skill sharing between departments as could be useful for many employees, more competitive wages for similar work

strong leaders are created here but they also need training, more opportunities for managers to access training programs that would suit their departments

Horrible

Former Employee - Canvasser
    Former Employee - Canvasser

I worked at Public Outreach

Pros

There weren't many. I passed my evaluation period, but I didn't know that they lie in their advertisements (They guarantee a wage of $13.00 per hour, but don't tell you that you'll be paid a little over $10.00 for your evaluation period which can last for days and days) The fact that they flat out lie to begin with was pretty disappointing. I enjoyed the people I worked with who were going thought the same things I was, and the camaraderie involved, and fundraising for charities I respect.

Cons

Like I said, the lying. Also a lot of incompetent managers who didn't really know how to lead and motivate. Seeing people left and right being fired didn't help at all. Just this casual attitude towards it, it feels like this is a place where people just cash their paycheck and care because they're paid to care. It appears to not be a scam, but it feels like it is one for those who are getting paid to sit around the office and do nothing (I saw a lot of those people)

Pay more, help us do better by actually training us properly, and don't treat people as disposable. It seems hypocritical.

There are newer employer reviews for Public Outreach

Worked for Public Outreach? Contribute to the Community!