I wasn't there long enough to rate it fairly, but the employees seemed satisfied.

Current Employee - Public Fundraiser  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Public Fundraiser in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Public Outreach full-time for less than a year

Pros

Regular raises, opportunity to grow in the company, working with great people. The employees seemed happy and satisfied.

Cons

The public fund raising is grueling, and you are outdoors rain or shine. If you don't make your quota after a while, even due to person problems or illness, you might get fired. I spoke with two employee who told me that happened to them.

There could be some improvements made with the training. Maybe people in the evaluation period should be given a little more time to shadow their supervisors. One of the employees in the eval period said he would like more training on closing the sale. I noticed that a few times I needed help with closing with good, potential monthly donor, the supervisor didn't see me flagging him or her. I was only there three days.

Other Reviews for Public Outreach

Wonderful at first then went downhill.

I worked at Public Outreach

Pros

It was a great place to work with a very balanced work to benefit ratio. I loved my manager and the people I worked with were always very supportive.

Cons

After my first year of working and a change in management, the work life balance was force to change and the benefits began to be taken away one by one. It became a very stressful work environment. Where I once would have recommended this as company as an employer, I can no longer do so. I was treated with disrespect by my managers who were both male. I found there to be a glass ceiling in our department for both men and women. Progression was not encouraged in any concrete way.

Do not keep managers in positions simply because a viable alternative is not seen immediately or to save face. If I was the only one to feel this way, this review would not have been written. However, working as a supervisor for this organization I can tell you the good, the bad and the ugly. No organization is perfect but it seemed as years passed by, this organization did not get better, it only got worse, with corners being cut and zero accountability. Again, when I first started, I was excited and loved my job. However, by the end of my third year with this company, I was extremely stressed and overworked. I hadn't had a proper vacation in that 3 year time due to work constraints.

Intensive communication experience

Former Employee - Fundraiser  in  Kitchener, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Fundraiser in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I worked at Public Outreach part-time for less than a year

Pros

If you really like talking to people, if you really enjoy working with outgoing dynamic charity fundraisers, public outreach is the best please. Also, you won't have to get up early for work everyday. Can improve your communication to the next level.

Cons

Not much technical skills required. Might have to talk to more than 70 people and knock door to door. Long working hours from 12:30 pm to 9pm.

Conduct more event fundraising than just door to door.

There are newer employer reviews for Public Outreach.

Worked for Public Outreach? Contribute to the Community!