There are newer employer reviews for Public Outreach

I wasn't there long enough to rate it fairly, but the employees seemed satisfied.

Current Employee - Public Fundraiser in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Public Fundraiser in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Public Outreach full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Regular raises, opportunity to grow in the company, working with great people. The employees seemed happy and satisfied.

Cons

The public fund raising is grueling, and you are outdoors rain or shine. If you don't make your quota after a while, even due to person problems or illness, you might get fired. I spoke with two employee who told me that happened to them.

Advice to Management

There could be some improvements made with the training. Maybe people in the evaluation period should be given a little more time to shadow their supervisors. One of the employees in the eval period said he would like more training on closing the sale. I noticed that a few times I needed help with closing with good, potential monthly donor, the supervisor didn't see me flagging him or her. I was only there three days.

Other Employee Reviews for Public Outreach

Great company, great causes

Former Employee - Ethical Fundraiser in Melbourne (Australia)
    Former Employee - Ethical Fundraiser in Melbourne (Australia)

I worked at Public Outreach full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome work atmosphere, supportive managers, hourly rate (not commission) which takes stress off of fluctuating weekly paychecks

Cons

You must hit targets consistently to keep your job. It can be draining by the end of the week, both physically and emotionally, but just have fun and life will be good!

Advice to Management

Be more liberal with performance bonuses. Hardly any were given out during my time at PO.

2. Great Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Public Outreach part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The Supervisors are very supportive -Friendly wok environment (not competitive) -Gain many useful skills -Not commission based

Cons

-The job can be difficult -There will be personal pressure to meet the quota - depends on potential donors response to you - If you aren't good at sales, or passionate about charities this isnt the job for you

Advice to Management

Keep being supportive to your employees