Public Outreach

www.publicoutreachrecruitment.com

Challenging but Rewarding Work at a Difficult Organization

Fundraiser (Current Employee)

Pros- Generally supportive environment
- Consultancy works for some of the leading NGOs and charities in the world
- Informal atmosphere
- Good opportunities to travel around the country and rapid advancement for top performers
- Evaluation techniques are very objective and evaluation process is transparent
- The initial training is great
- The organization lives by its values of being "honest, respectful and effective" -- if you ever wanted to try being a canvasser, this is the place to do it.
- In many ways working for PO is a lifestyle, not just a job

Cons- If you are struggling at the beginning as a fundraiser, you will be gone very quickly (be aware of this if you are leaving a current job to work for PO)
- You are evaluated by the day and in many cases hour; this can create a great deal of pressure for some types of people
- Management can be dogmatic at times in applying its methods and has an anti-intellectual streak (it's best not to ask 'why')
- Not a particularity innovative organization
- Organization relies on the good intentions of its fundraisers and their passion for client causes a bit too much when making controversial decisions
- Continuing education and advanced training is weak and most that is offered is a waste of time
- In many ways working for PO is a lifestyle, not just a job

Advice to Senior ManagementPO has enjoyed great successes, but to continue to be successful, new methods need to be looked into. Can we become smarter fundraisers and do our job better?

Public Outreach has a collegial culture, flexible working hours, good staff development processes. Like a university!

~~~ (Former Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Public Outreach full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Astonishingly supportive company with a great culture of allowing innovation by employees.… Cons: Public Outreach does not pay high salaries, and their termination process needs… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you're doing. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Place to Work if you Love Charity!

Recruiter (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Public Outreach full-time for more than a year

Pros: -room to grow with the company (I was moved into a new role within 3 months of employment) -great culture (very friendly and supportive staff in… Cons: -working in the heat sometimes Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Public Outreach.

Worked for Public Outreach? Contribute to the Community!