Public Outreach

www.publicoutreachrecruitment.com

If you can survive the guilt, and targets

Professional Fundraiser (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsCasual work environment, good if you can get along with the people there, but they are all more or less welcoming. Younger demographic, mostly liberal arts students who don't have many other choices for a decent jobs. Its flipping burgers or this, but only if you can survive and sell.

ConsYou are essentially selling child sponsorships.
Half the things you are taught about the charities aren't necessarily true, and you will have to live with the guilt of guilt tripping honest people into surrendering their credit cards to sponsor a child.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

It`s not for everyone but it is a good experience

Professional Fundraiser (Former Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Public Outreach part-time for less than a year

Pros: You can talk to a wide variety of people Cons: Sales oriented, may not be for everyone Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Challenging but Rewarding Work at a Difficult Organization

Fundraiser (Current Employee)

I have been working at Public Outreach full-time for more than a year

Pros: - Generally supportive environment - Consultancy works for some of the leading NGOs and charities in the world - Informal atmosphere - Good opportunities to travel around the… Cons: - If you are struggling at the beginning as a fundraiser, you will be gone very quickly (be aware of this if you are leaving… Advice to Senior Management: PO has enjoyed great successes, but to continue to be successful, new methods need… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Public Outreach.

Worked for Public Outreach? Contribute to the Community!