www.publicoutreachrecruitment.com
  www.publicoutreachrecruitment.com
There are newer employer reviews for Public Outreach

Former Employee - Fundraising Representative in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Fundraising Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at Public Outreach part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great to meet new people, development of intercommunication skills

Cons

Unpredictable days, quick turn around

42 Other Employee Reviews for Public Outreach (View Most Recent)

Extremely Unprofessional Environment

Current Employee - Fulfillment Coordinator in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Fulfillment Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Public Outreach full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The office culture was very organic--lots of fun sometimes, but lines are often blurred between manager and friend. Overall I enjoyed my coworkers.

Cons

The compensation is very poor. In my interview we discussed having a typical 9-5 schedule, which actually turned out to be 10:30-7 (or 8...or 9...). Policies are constantly changing and the fundraisers are both unethical and unprofessional, which makes the job very difficult for those of us who have to represent our fundraisers when on the phone with donors.

More transparency! Spend less money on travel for fundraisers and senior leadership to fly all over the country and more money compensating your employees that are in the office until 9:00pm.

DON'T BOTHER

Former Employee - Professional Fundraiser in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Professional Fundraiser in Oakland, CA

I worked at Public Outreach full-time (less than an year)

Pros

no Pros for this job unless your a snotty teenager looking to crap on everyone else.

Cons

Public outreach is a sales job scam.
    As a Former employee of Oakland Ca Public outreach office I can certainly tell you when they say this is not a commission based job so that you won't have pressure in trying to meet quota to get paid ITS A LIE. Just because they say its hourly doesn't mean anything. you still have to meet a quota or you just might as well not even come back to work.
    This is especially bull for this type of job because it depends all on people signing up just for you to keep your job.
    And since people are becoming so anti social now a days, I'm going to get a lawn chair and some popcorn and watch this company falls to pieces while i laugh my socks off.

if you want to pressure your employees with quotas then make this a sales commission job like it's suppose to be.
    Other wise your going to continue to have a high turn over rate and eventually your going to run out of business from firing so many potentially good quality employees.
    GOOD LUCK