Public Service Credit Union (Colorado)

www.pscu.org
  www.pscu.org
There are newer employer reviews for Public Service Credit Union (Colorado)

Horrible

Former Employee - Information Systems in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Information Systems in Denver, CO

I worked at Public Service Credit Union (Colorado)

Pros

Good experience to take elsewhere. Multiple locations so likely the commute would be doable for most people.

Cons

Poor leadership. My boss is completely incompetent and has no leadership skills. His bosses are no better. Executive management does not care about their employees.

Hire competent leaders. It will have a tremendous effect on your staff.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Public Service Credit Union (Colorado) (View Most Recent)

Good people in General

Former Employee - Member Service Representative I in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Member Service Representative I in Denver, CO

I worked at Public Service Credit Union (Colorado) as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

-I myself did have a good experience at the Credit union, but it was mostly because I was in a good department. I happened to be covering for women on maternity leave, and when she came back my contract ended.
    I happened to have a good boss; and for the most part I appreciated what she did, as well as the time she took out of her busy schedule to meet with our group to explain to us our latest assignments. I hope the customer membership relations group is doing well, as they are underappreciated for the amount of work that they do. Not to mention, their patience in training somebody new.
    I was happy when my contract ended as I knew that there were issues both with my own training as well as my receptivity to learning something new in a timely manner.

Cons

- A lot of micromanagement.
    -they have no problem speaking poorly of their employees behind their backs but in front of other employees.
    -Even during interviews, I have seen managers walk out of the interview, laughing about the interviewee. Saying such things as “and she thought she would get hired?”
      -Multiple individual’s complaints of customers, for different reasons. This goes to prove that either customers are irresponsible, and or/ the credit union itself practices is not that different than a regular bank.
     Credit Unions as much as they claim to be different from other banks, are really just hiding underneath this name, to sound as they are working for the community, in some way shape or form. If you have any doubts as to what I am saying please just look at your fee schedule, and ask yourself how much different those rates are then a normal bank (you’ll realize they are actually not that different.

We'll my advice to management would be to simply make sure that if you are going to speak Poorly; of an employee right after they have been interviewed or just got out of training class make sure you don't do it in front of the men's bathroom. As the old saying goes “walls have ears".

No real advice for the group that I worked for (member relationship services). I myself would have been a lot kinder in reversing some of the fees that seemed dignified. It’s a shame, when people lose money that they work hard for to banks (any bank), in any way shape or form.
    It was a situation that I knew would end; and I do appreciate the time that I got to spent there. Although expectations seemed to be unrealistic to a certain degree: e.g.: “call everybody who has fraud on their card”; would drive anybody nuts.
    I knew that the department was simply doing what they could with a small staff (and was probably under budgeted). As I was leaving I did hear that the bank did finally acquire a Fraud monitoring department, (which they definitely needed). Again, I hope everybody in this group is doing well.
    They know who I am...

Run, run, run from this company

I worked at Public Service Credit Union (Colorado) (more than an year)

Pros

-Banker hours are nice
    -PTO, paid holidays, no Sundays
    -You may get lucky and land at a branch with great management (then again, you may not)
    -Members are amazing and have life stories they will share. They will love you and be loyal to you & PSCU.

Cons

-New changes have started and are planned to continue, so there is micromanaging out the wazoo.
    -There will be 'dedicated' call nights and you have NO say, even if they spring up the week before.
    -HR & Upper management are a joke. Everyone looks the other way even if they've been alerted of ethical issues by branch managers.
    -Inconsistency with "policies" and rules. They say one thing, but the next week fire someone over the opposite. Double standards and favoritism are very common.
    -Sell, sell, sell!!! Overnight this place decided to become a bank. And if you can't adjust, you can't hang. Get up to speed fast or pack your things.
    -Oh, this place may affect your health unless you work well under strenuous stress. But sorry, they won't care.

Length of time employed with you doesn't equate to quality of the employee. Get a grip and stop turning the other way when ethical issues are prevalent in the workplace.

There are newer employer reviews for Public Service Credit Union (Colorado)