two years experiance.

I have been working at Public Storage

Pros

Good schedule. Off at 6pm during the week and 5 on the weekend. Managers normally will work to make sure you get the requested days off.

Cons

Never enough coverage. If you are sick or have an emergency its like pulling teeth to get the time off needed because "there is nobody to cover"

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Very rewarding

Former Employee - Trainer
    Former Employee - Trainer

I worked at Public Storage

Pros

Advancement opportunities, benefits, and senior management support

Cons

The reservation center that I worked for closed

Advice to Management

They were great

2. Micro-Managed

Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are not the greatest but at least you get the option.

Cons

Working for Public Storage for over 2 years now and have received 2 annual bonuses...both under $.20ph. I have yet to make over $10 an hour with this employer. A few months ago the bonus system was a good contributor to make the low wages seem not as bad, unfortunately they (Corp) have since changed the structure of the bonus system to where if you get a bonus you really don't notice it. I am a property manager at a facility with over 450 storage units and work alone more times than not. I have a golf cart tire that has been flat for over a month and the company refuses to fix it. I have units that have abandoned goods but the company refuses to pay to get them cleaned out so i have to drag all the furniture across the property...these are just smaller inconveniences whilst our new COO makes over half a million annually...As a property manager I have no power, that has been stripped from us. What the owners of this company wants is robots not individuals. Not only does this company treat its employees like garbage they also treat the customers extremely bad. The longer you rent a unit the more money you have to pay (it increases every year).

Advice to Management

It has come to my attention that most employees of PS are aggravated because we see the type of leadership at the top. They are greedy micro managers. If you truly want to become the most successful business and maintain the customer retention then there needs to be a complete restructuring of the company at the top level. I am currently in school for Business Management and International Affairs and have to say that this company is going to go belly up if it stays on this path...