Public Storage

www.publicstorage.com

Slavery

Current Employee - Property Manager  in  Norcross, GA
Current Employee - Property Manager in Norcross, GA

Pros

There are no pros to this company

Cons

You are micro managed, You have to lie to coperate if they ask a question about how you are treated,if there is anything wrong on the property, You have to lie to customers on locks and insurance or lose your job, The DM in my district tells your personal business to other peers and always tries to get you to say something about your co workers, He makes comments on your size or if you are classy enough. He likes to keep arguments going on between coworkers.

Listen to your employees about how you are treated. Take time to praise instead of condeming all the time. Stop calling us bottom dwellers. Stop pushing locks and insurance on customers that can not afford them and making it a part of the bonus program,

Other reviews for Public Storage

Complete BS!!

Former Employee - Resident Property/Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Resident Property/Manager in San Diego, CA

Pros

Good work hours - apart from working sundays, which is a complete waste of time, as nobody ever comes in - some customers are awesome! They get rid of good employess and DMs and keep the ones that dont work or give a rats a***

Cons

Crap health insurance - had to have surgery last year as a heart condition was diagnosed and it was have surgery or possibly die, back in work 19 days after surgery, couldnt afford to have time off as thte short term disability that I was paying for, suddenly wouldnt cover me after they said it would (6 weeks off could NEVER be done) - had a small stroke the month before, and was back at work within 3 days - Now looking at being sued by what the insurance wouldnt cover, and come to find out, they seem to have not covered what they said they were!
    Scripts scripts scripts!!! all of them a waste of time, customers want service not a robot!
    Pay SUCKS, as a KTP (with the whole 58 cents extra) I was making $2 an hour LESS than a RF thats been here a year...tell me how does that figure? 10 times the workload and making a whole lot less than someone who did absolutely NOTHING but play angry birds on her phone and play on facebook? You tell the DM and nothing gets done, customers complain, and nothing gets done, other managers complain and nothing gets done.....its not what you know...its who you b**w...
    Bonuses are unatainable now, they keep pushing goals to places there are no way that you can hit all 5 parts....you may hit 2, 3 or 4 and still get NOTHING...I sold almost 3 grands worth of merchandise....and get this...I got just over $5 in merchandise incentive! INCENTIVE? REALLY???? I think not.
    I finished my 2 weeks notice today, and I am SOOOOOO glad I am out of there, starting with another company that actually pays bonus, and you make bonus on what you do...not unrealistic goals and NO outside work, no landscaping, no trying to fix doors and dealing with falling sheetrock, and not having to deal with crappy looking units and charging premium prices, that have roaches and mice and brown recluses...GOOD RIDDENCE!

Get your heads out of your backside and look at what you are doing...you have grown too fast and are greedy....maybe someone needs to give the CEO and his little friends a scrooge experience and let them see what they are doing to the 'little' people

It was ok only parttime

Current Employee - Customer Service  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Dallas, TX

Pros

the hours was good had a great boss that was willing to work with my schedule.

Cons

cleaning out the storage rooms was the worst parts and customers that got upset at me when they didn't their storage bill

had a cool boss

There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage.

Worked for Public Storage? Contribute to the Community!