Public Storage

Complete BS!!

Former Employee - Resident Property/Manager  in  San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Resident Property/Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Public Storage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work hours - apart from working sundays, which is a complete waste of time, as nobody ever comes in - some customers are awesome! They get rid of good employess and DMs and keep the ones that dont work or give a rats a***

Cons

Crap health insurance - had to have surgery last year as a heart condition was diagnosed and it was have surgery or possibly die, back in work 19 days after surgery, couldnt afford to have time off as thte short term disability that I was paying for, suddenly wouldnt cover me after they said it would (6 weeks off could NEVER be done) - had a small stroke the month before, and was back at work within 3 days - Now looking at being sued by what the insurance wouldnt cover, and come to find out, they seem to have not covered what they said they were!
Scripts scripts scripts!!! all of them a waste of time, customers want service not a robot!
Pay SUCKS, as a KTP (with the whole 58 cents extra) I was making $2 an hour LESS than a RF thats been here a year...tell me how does that figure? 10 times the workload and making a whole lot less than someone who did absolutely NOTHING but play angry birds on her phone and play on facebook? You tell the DM and nothing gets done, customers complain, and nothing gets done, other managers complain and nothing gets done.....its not what you know...its who you b**w...
Bonuses are unatainable now, they keep pushing goals to places there are no way that you can hit all 5 parts....you may hit 2, 3 or 4 and still get NOTHING...I sold almost 3 grands worth of merchandise....and get this...I got just over $5 in merchandise incentive! INCENTIVE? REALLY???? I think not.
I finished my 2 weeks notice today, and I am SOOOOOO glad I am out of there, starting with another company that actually pays bonus, and you make bonus on what you do...not unrealistic goals and NO outside work, no landscaping, no trying to fix doors and dealing with falling sheetrock, and not having to deal with crappy looking units and charging premium prices, that have roaches and mice and brown recluses...GOOD RIDDENCE!

Get your heads out of your backside and look at what you are doing...you have grown too fast and are greedy....maybe someone needs to give the CEO and his little friends a scrooge experience and let them see what they are doing to the 'little' people

310 Other Employee Reviews for Public Storage (View Most Recent)

Exhausting

Current Employee - Property Manager  in  Rockaway, NJ
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Rockaway, NJ

I have been working at Public Storage full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Was a good place to work until managment changes took place.

Cons

Went down hill once new management took over Dm and Above.

Pay more attention to what Feild employess are saying due to the deal with customers on a daily basis.

It was ok only parttime

Current Employee - Customer Service  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Public Storage part-time for less than a year

Pros

the hours was good had a great boss that was willing to work with my schedule.

Cons

cleaning out the storage rooms was the worst parts and customers that got upset at me when they didn't their storage bill

had a cool boss

There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage

Worked for Public Storage? Contribute to the Community!