Public Storage

www.publicstorage.com

unappreciated

Current Employee - Prop Manager  in  Hanover Park, IL
Current Employee - Prop Manager in Hanover Park, IL

Pros

No one breathing down your neck all day.

Cons

We are pushed and pushed and pushed to sell. We are reprimanded when we don't get a lock sale with a rental. They think we are lying to them when the customer won't buy boxes with a rental. WE are the ONLY ones who bring in ANY revenue, yet we are treated like second-class citizens and the company keeps reducing our bonus program. Upper management lives like kings while we struggle to make ends meet. The new bonus programs says the company expects "40%" of "eligible managers" to earn a bonus. Wowee! That means they expect 60% WON'T??? How encouraging! The DMs and higher get four times the bonus money we get, and we do all of the work bringing in the $$. Disgusting!

Show us we are appreciated and give us encouragement, instead of always reprimanding us for what we didn't do or accomplish. Morale is very very low.

Other reviews for Public Storage

AWFUL-WORST JOB I EVER HAD.DEAD END WORK-MUNDANE-

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

Pros

A way to get PM experience to move on wards if you can get out.

Cons

Old Shurgard properties have more issues than newer PS properties.
    Large facilities have security issues after hours. Lack of cameras make it virtually impossible to always find those responsible.
    No more monthly bonus-
    PTO paid out after many diligently saved hours.Either use it or loose it to annual payouts..
    DM's far to pushy on requirement to sell with every rental vs employee trans reports & goal sheets.
    Some dist have 2 PS on same street making competition & occupancy all that much more difficult.
    DM's only stay a year.reviews from prev DM no matter how good are re-written with very new DM.
    Nothing you did in prev years reflects with current review..
    High expectations-
    Vendors junk & hauls almost impossible to get approvals for abandon goods.
    Over weighted position vs pay for performance metrics.
    Inability to take phone payments & delinquent customers not coming in for EOM payments.
    Always loosing occupancy to Auctions!
    DM's don't care about employees just about numbers.

Bring back bonuses & let employees carry PTO out until cap vs annual payouts.

Not recommended for any long period of time

Current Employee - Property Manager  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Jersey City, NJ

Pros

Customers are a pretty decent bunch. Decent work hours Benefits are a lot better than what they were and pay....eh....it's slim pickins these days. You can do a lot worse else where.

Cons

Bonus program changes on an annual basis to make it harder to obtain a decent payout. Job is touted as a customer service/management job but is actually sales. Upper management rules by intimidation. Because this is a publically traded company properties are falling apart and PM's can't do much about it other than field complaints. You have the title of manager but you are pretty much bottom rung of the food chain. District managers and regional managers get their bonus based on YOUR work and it's way more money than anything you will ever get for a bonus (which went from quarterly to monthly to annually). Also they do not promote from within so it's a pretty dead end job.

Reconize the faces of your company, the relief manager and property managers as the reason buisness is driven.

There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage.

Worked for Public Storage? Contribute to the Community!