Public Storage

www.publicstorage.com

No advancement from the property manager position, inadequate pay and OK benefits, some job security.

Property Manager (Former Employee) Cocoa Beach, FL

ProsPS operates with minimal labor hours and it continues to add locations so there is some job security from that viewpoint. If you need the secondary job in your family, need to live in a company residence, need a flexible schedule or enjoy the resident manager lifestyle the property manager or relief manager positions would be good for you. There is a 401K and group and other medical paid by the employee.

ConsThe job is more than challenging as requirements for how the PM operates including scripts is changing virtually daily from many in management.The property(s) you work can make a huge difference in working conditions. Generally speaking there is no additional pay for working an old no climate control property as oppossed to a modern, climate controlled and therefore much cleaner property. The size of the property and the level of activity can make a huge difference in working conditions.The property is a big influence as to whether or not or how much bonus money you make. Everyone is paid virtually the same no matter which property they work or how long they have worked for PS. There is no consideration for loyalty except additional paid time off after 5 and ten years. The group medical has essentialy a 4k deductible.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange operations so Corporate, Division VP, Regional VP, Assistant Regional Manager, Senior District Manager and the District Manager are not all instructing what and how to do the job at the same time, often conflicting.Change is needed but employees are tired of the continous deluge. Emphasize as part of the business culture the positive restraint of power that comes with authority amoung management within a region.

Call center - well run -- kinda depressing.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Public Storage

Pros: It was a simple job, low level. Corporate structure seemed… Cons: any cons were on the technology side -- but I'm… More

"We Care"....... About Lining Our Pockets!

I have been working at Public Storage full-time for less than a year

Pros: The option of a company apartment is a nice pro but good luck getting one....… Cons: Ahh..... Where do I start?! Scripts, scripts, scripts and sell, sell, sell. That's all upper management ever says. There are literally 10-15 scripts to memorize....… Advice to Senior Management: Employees that feel valued will work harder for a company that appreciates them and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Public Storage.

Worked for Public Storage? Contribute to the Community!