Public Storage

www.publicstorage.com

Wouldn't recommend this to my worse enemy

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dover, NJ

Pros- The pay is good
- Work independently
- Meet great people such as customers or/employees
- Can be active around the work place
- Gain experience in customer service and retail work.
- Offers a bonus for over meeting company expectations

Cons- "Company expectations" (what ever it may be) is unrealistic
- Their pay dates are on specific days of the month, so the pay is never the same every month
- Upper management couldn't give a rats behind about you or what they are inflicting in your personal life. (Expects you to eliminate your personal life for the company)
- Expects you to drive to numerous locations with out compensating for mileage no matter the distance.
- Changes the bonus system when suitable for them, also it is unattainable.
- Does not have an anonymous compliance department even though they say it is anonymous .
- makes you work overtime but no overtime pay (asks you to work extra hours but tells you to eliminate hours from a different day so there isn't over 40 hours on you time by the end of the week or pushes your days off to the end of the week and make you work a 7 day stretch)
- the over turn rate between relief and property manages are ridiculous which ends up hurting the rest of the district when it boils down to coverage (which the lack of coverage is already existing)
- single coverage is majority of the work week (normally) and could even be the entire work week (expects you to do the work of 2 people by yourself).
- getting an approval to get something fixed in THEIR facility is like pulling teeth and even if it is approved, the job is less then inadequate so the object breaks down in less than a week.
- ridiculously micro-managed but can't provide us with updated technology.
I'm sure there is a lot more but I can't sit here and say it all, ill just get myself enraged.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of cracking the whip on the relief and property managers, try to talk with them and take what they say in consideration. Not everyone of them are liars and some may even have great ideas on how to improve business, since they are the only ones who work with customers directly. PTO is what can help us deal with this job a little better, so put it back the way it was.

No advancement from the property manager position, inadequate pay and OK benefits, some job security.

Property Manager (Former Employee) Cocoa Beach, FL

I worked at Public Storage full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: PS operates with minimal labor hours and it continues to add locations so there is some job security from that viewpoint. If you need the… Cons: The job is more than challenging as requirements for how the PM operates including scripts is changing virtually daily from many in management.The property(s) you… Advice to Senior Management: Change operations so Corporate, Division VP, Regional VP, Assistant Regional Manager, Senior District Manager and the District Manager are not all instructing what and how… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Call center - well run -- kinda depressing.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Public Storage

Pros: It was a simple job, low level. Corporate structure seemed… Cons: any cons were on the technology side -- but I'm… More
There are newer reviews on Public Storage.

Worked for Public Storage? Contribute to the Community!