Public Storage

www.publicstorage.com
  www.publicstorage.com
There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage

Easy work, steady hours, below average compensation, and no loyalty to employees.

Former Employee - Resident Property/Manager in Taylor, MI
Former Employee - Resident Property/Manager in Taylor, MI

I worked at Public Storage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You work steady hours and I found it enjoyable to have both office and outdoor work.

Cons

Low wages, dead-end job. Generally speaking, I have noticed that in the storage industry you need to bounce around between companies in order to acquire new titles. Otherwise, I did not notice any in-house promotions. The property manager and relief manager positions are generally the same minus some direct responsibility by the latter.

Pay high wages to hold onto talent.

334 Other Employee Reviews for Public Storage (View Most Recent)

I learned many different tasks and responsibilities.

Former Employee - District Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - District Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Public Storage full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Interesting job tasks, very diverse responsibilities.

Cons

Company requires 24 / 7 availability for customer service, after business hours response is required by phone and e-mail response. Vacation time is disrupted and generally not covered by others. The quality of personal life is low. Property managers have no career advancement after Training Manager / A Property Manager. District Manager advancement is very limited without relocation. This company does not recognize and care for their employees.

The company needs to view the quality of life for all employees. Make

Going Downhill

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Public Storage part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It is a great job for those people who like working alone and enjoy having the freedom to be inside/outside. Must be self motivated.

Cons

I would say the cons (as of late) is the low pay, all of the scripts, never having holidays off (except for the 3 that corp. finds acceptable) and having to wait so long for anything to be fixed. It is also becoming increasingly evident that Public Storage hates families. A couple of examples would be that 1. You can't give a special to someone who has been listed on someone else' paperwork as a contact (family member) and 2. even though the hours of operation seem to be reasonable, if you have young, active children, you are probably not going to be able to go to anything they have going on because you are the only place open. Also, the constant rent raises are ridiculous, for our customers who are not seeing any reason why they should be getting one since they are being told it's due to upkeep of the properties< yet nothing is being done to them anymore.

Take better care of your employees concerning compensation/bonuses (unattainable @ this point) and give the customers who have been with us for years and are never late some sort of loyalty reward.

There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage