Public Storage

Waste of 4 years

Current Employee - Resident Property/Manager  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Resident Property/Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Public Storage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work alone and run property

Cons

Small Bonus, Small Pay.. No Security!!!

Stop cheating your tenured employees and paying new employees more..

312 Other Employee Reviews for Public Storage (View Most Recent)

So many mixed feelings.

Former Employee - Resident Property/Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Resident Property/Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Public Storage full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lets see... for the pros. My coworkers for the most part were very hard working. They sacrifice so much and cared about their properties. They tried their very best to succeed. The one nice thing was that if you did your job well, they pretty much left you alone. All alone!

Cons

So many cons. Lets start with scripts. They come out with a new script ALL of the time. Sometimes we got a new script revised after one day.

Locks and insurance. Your bosses all up the line all bonus on them, If you are not good at sales, this job is not for you.

Short staffed. Never enough help for the properties that need it.

The company put a hold on all repairs at properties. Slowly the properties are getting run down. I was even told to do an unsafe act because the company was not willing to pay a vendor to come out to do a 5 minute repair job.

Upper Management is micromanaging every thing. It became confusing as to what our focus should be.

There are no career advancement possibilities for property managers. No matter how good you are, you will never move up. They took away our chance to get a bonus and accrue vacation time. That"s okay, being understaffed means never being able to use your vacation time.

Treat your Property and Relief Managers with respect. We are the ones working the trenches. Allow us to be ourselves when it comes to dealing with customers. We get farther when we can be friendly and unscripted. Reward the hard workers that at the end of the day are the reason that this company stays in business. We want to care.

An opportunity to pass by

Former Employee - District Manager Public Storage  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - District Manager Public Storage in Washington, DC

I worked at Public Storage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company offers a good base,opportunity for bonuses, PTO and benefits. There is some freedom to set your own daily schedule.

Cons

No ability to make managerial decisions, you become a corporate robot. There is an expectation to work from 7 am to 6 pm and 2 hours of computer work after hours. The company does not value it's employees and has a retention rate of 40%. The company cuts corners in every aspect of the business in order to drive the stock price no matter what the impact is to the employee or the customer

Take time to invest and listen to your employees. An empolyee that loves their job and their employeer will be more impactful to your business than the employee that is not respected and and feels disposable

There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage

Worked for Public Storage? Contribute to the Community!