There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage

Not a family orientated job.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Hours the stores are open.

Cons

Some of the DM's alone will bring this company down. They have no experience working for the company and yet they are hired. More then half the time they do not know What they are to do or How to do it and push it off on those who do know. Micro management is the only way this gets done in our district. And good luck trying to file that complaint about them or anyone for that matter cause they never do anything about it anyways. The pay for this job is WAY under What it should be, and vacation time is never going to happen, between black out dates and having to have it manitary that you are here the last day of the month and the 1st day! Weekends, going to work those also cause you have to have time in your "pto" to get those days. So, if you have no life, no kids and like working for Nothing, and have upper management treat you poorly this is job for you! Oh and good luck getting any type of bonus...

Advice to Management

Spend the day with the real people the run the company. The PM'S.

reviews filtered by

Easy work, steady hours, below average compensation, and no loyalty to employees.

Former Employee - Resident Property/Manager in Taylor, MI
    Former Employee - Resident Property/Manager in Taylor, MI

I worked at Public Storage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You work steady hours and I found it enjoyable to have both office and outdoor work.

Cons

Low wages, dead-end job. Generally speaking, I have noticed that in the storage industry you need to bounce around between companies in order to acquire new titles. Otherwise, I did not notice any in-house promotions. The property manager and relief manager positions are generally the same minus some direct responsibility by the latter.

Advice to Management

Pay high wages to hold onto talent.

2. Great job, but not for everone.

Current Employee - Property Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I was lucky to get an apartment so quick. It has been great living rent free.
    Working alone with no one breathing down your neck.

Cons

Lots of pressure to perform, low pay, work every weekend, work with unreliable people who call off to much. Dealing with people who have lost there belongings.

Advice to Management

Better bonus program.... Higher wages...

There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage