Public Storage

www.publicstorage.com
  www.publicstorage.com
There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage

Not a family orientated job.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Hours the stores are open.

Cons

Some of the DM's alone will bring this company down. They have no experience working for the company and yet they are hired. More then half the time they do not know What they are to do or How to do it and push it off on those who do know. Micro management is the only way this gets done in our district. And good luck trying to file that complaint about them or anyone for that matter cause they never do anything about it anyways. The pay for this job is WAY under What it should be, and vacation time is never going to happen, between black out dates and having to have it manitary that you are here the last day of the month and the 1st day! Weekends, going to work those also cause you have to have time in your "pto" to get those days. So, if you have no life, no kids and like working for Nothing, and have upper management treat you poorly this is job for you! Oh and good luck getting any type of bonus...

Spend the day with the real people the run the company. The PM'S.

360 Other Employee Reviews for Public Storage (View Most Recent)

Waste of 4 years

Current Employee - Resident Property/Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Resident Property/Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work alone and run property

Cons

Small Bonus, Small Pay.. No Security!!!

Stop cheating your tenured employees and paying new employees more..

So many mixed feelings.

Former Employee - Resident Property/Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Resident Property/Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Public Storage full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lets see... for the pros. My coworkers for the most part were very hard working. They sacrifice so much and cared about their properties. They tried their very best to succeed. The one nice thing was that if you did your job well, they pretty much left you alone. All alone!

Cons

So many cons. Lets start with scripts. They come out with a new script ALL of the time. Sometimes we got a new script revised after one day.

Locks and insurance. Your bosses all up the line all bonus on them, If you are not good at sales, this job is not for you.

Short staffed. Never enough help for the properties that need it.

The company put a hold on all repairs at properties. Slowly the properties are getting run down. I was even told to do an unsafe act because the company was not willing to pay a vendor to come out to do a 5 minute repair job.

Upper Management is micromanaging every thing. It became confusing as to what our focus should be.

There are no career advancement possibilities for property managers. No matter how good you are, you will never move up. They took away our chance to get a bonus and accrue vacation time. That"s okay, being understaffed means never being able to use your vacation time.

Treat your Property and Relief Managers with respect. We are the ones working the trenches. Allow us to be ourselves when it comes to dealing with customers. We get farther when we can be friendly and unscripted. Reward the hard workers that at the end of the day are the reason that this company stays in business. We want to care.

There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage