$$ Grubbing Corporation!!!!!

Current Employee - Resident Property/Manager
Current Employee - Resident Property/Manager

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to work alone and have a rent & utilities free place to live.

Cons

PS is not family-friendly nor are they good to their employees. 1. They raise the rent on customers telling them it is due to repairs needed on the property, but don't fix anything in a timely manner. Also, they take the cheapest route possible. 2. The pay is horrible. 3. They say security is important. My gate has been broken several times this year and has stood open 24/7 for over a week. The gate vendor told me that PS could have paid to overnight the part, but refused. Yea, that's real secure, huh? Also, half the lights don't work on my property. 4. You only get 3 paid holidays off a year. 5. They make it harder and harder to get bonuses every year. 6. Sick? Don't even think about calling in. There's no one to cover your store. I could go on and on. If it weren't for me living here(I have a really nice apt) I would have walked along time ago!!!!

Advice to Management

Give us more holidays, better pay, treat us with some respect and give long time customers a break on their rent!!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Going Downhill

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Public Storage part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is a great job for those people who like working alone and enjoy having the freedom to be inside/outside. Must be self motivated.

Cons

I would say the cons (as of late) is the low pay, all of the scripts, never having holidays off (except for the 3 that corp. finds acceptable) and having to wait so long for anything to be fixed. It is also becoming increasingly evident that Public Storage hates families. A couple of examples would be that 1. You can't give a special to someone who has been listed on someone else' paperwork as a contact (family member) and 2. even though the hours of operation seem to be reasonable, if you have young, active children, you are probably not going to be able to go to anything they have going on because you are the only place open. Also, the constant rent raises are ridiculous, for our customers who are not seeing any reason why they should be getting one since they are being told it's due to upkeep of the properties< yet nothing is being done to them anymore.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees concerning compensation/bonuses (unattainable @ this point) and give the customers who have been with us for years and are never late some sort of loyalty reward.

Not a family orientated job.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours the stores are open.

Cons

Some of the DM's alone will bring this company down. They have no experience working for the company and yet they are hired. More then half the time they do not know What they are to do or How to do it and push it off on those who do know. Micro management is the only way this gets done in our district. And good luck trying to file that complaint about them or anyone for that matter cause they never do anything about it anyways. The pay for this job is WAY under What it should be, and vacation time is never going to happen, between black out dates and having to have it manitary that you are here the last day of the month and the 1st day! Weekends, going to work those also cause you have to have time in your "pto" to get those days. So, if you have no life, no kids and like working for Nothing, and have upper management treat you poorly this is job for you! Oh and good luck getting any type of bonus...

Advice to Management

Spend the day with the real people the run the company. The PM'S.