Public Storage

www.publicstorage.com
  www.publicstorage.com
There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage

Hi expectations. Definitely under a magnifying glass

Former Employee - District Manager
Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at Public Storage full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Decent compensation. Good field employees.

Cons

Upper management is cutthroat . No chance for quality property managers to advance to DM level. DM's hands are tied. They have very little ability to make decisions on behalf of the company. Regional VP's and above are more concerned with their bonus metrics than the field employees

Spend less time looking in the mirror at yourselves. Get rid of the stupid (canned) scripts

329 Other Employee Reviews for Public Storage (View Most Recent)

$$ Grubbing Corporation!!!!!

Current Employee - Resident Property/Manager
    Current Employee - Resident Property/Manager

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get to work alone and have a rent & utilities free place to live.

Cons

PS is not family-friendly nor are they good to their employees.

1. They raise the rent on customers telling them it is due to repairs needed on the property, but don't fix anything in a timely manner. Also, they take the cheapest route possible.

2. The pay is horrible.

3. They say security is important. My gate has been broken several times this year and has stood open 24/7 for over a week. The gate vendor told me that PS could have paid to overnight the part, but refused. Yea, that's real secure, huh? Also, half the lights don't work on my property.

4. You only get 3 paid holidays off a year.

5. They make it harder and harder to get bonuses every year.

6. Sick? Don't even think about calling in. There's no one to cover your store.

I could go on and on. If it weren't for me living here(I have a really nice apt) I would have walked along time ago!!!!

Give us more holidays, better pay, treat us with some respect and give long time customers a break on their rent!!

Going Downhill

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Public Storage part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It is a great job for those people who like working alone and enjoy having the freedom to be inside/outside. Must be self motivated.

Cons

I would say the cons (as of late) is the low pay, all of the scripts, never having holidays off (except for the 3 that corp. finds acceptable) and having to wait so long for anything to be fixed. It is also becoming increasingly evident that Public Storage hates families. A couple of examples would be that 1. You can't give a special to someone who has been listed on someone else' paperwork as a contact (family member) and 2. even though the hours of operation seem to be reasonable, if you have young, active children, you are probably not going to be able to go to anything they have going on because you are the only place open. Also, the constant rent raises are ridiculous, for our customers who are not seeing any reason why they should be getting one since they are being told it's due to upkeep of the properties< yet nothing is being done to them anymore.

Take better care of your employees concerning compensation/bonuses (unattainable @ this point) and give the customers who have been with us for years and are never late some sort of loyalty reward.

There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage