Relief Manager

Current Employee - Relief Manager
Current Employee - Relief Manager

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Meet new people and off by 6pm.

Cons

I have worked here for the past 8 months and I been looking for a new job since my 2 week of working. The people at the call center make more money than field employees and 80% of the time they give customers the WRONG information. Only the PM's (well at least in my district) are off on Sunday and Monday. If you want request a Sunday or Monday off, you will work the next 8 days. I don't know about anyone else, but I HATE those stupid scripts. They are impersonal and not realistic in a conversation. There is no security what so ever. So if somene wants to rob you they can. The place is infested with roaches its disgusing. They are so unfair to long time customers.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees right. Stop making unrealistic goals. Pay your employees every two weeks not twice a month.

Other Employee Reviews for Public Storage

Good money - horrible life style

Former Employee - District Manager
    Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at Public Storage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is good, bonus for first year is guaranteed

Cons

DMs are required to work and be available 7 days a week and at a moments notice. We were told several times that we needed to manage our families better so they would understand the needs of PS. Company structure micro-manages every last detail and the administrative requirements are unnecessarily exhaustive, and are mostly high level busy work that no one even reads or reacts to. Even when on vacation or on holidays, your supervisors will contact you constantly from the early morning to the middle of the night, meanwhile never themselves being available during their time off. There is more than 50% turnover in DM's every year. That is a fact. The company is only concerned with stock holders dividends and frequently denies reasonable requests from customers as well as basic maintenance and upkeep of the buildings. Property Managers are not paid anywhere near their value (and are actually paid less than the industry standard), and they are constantly pushed to achieve unattainable goals and are treated with hostility, they are often questioned and reprimanded just because they are not well liked, and are treated like the obstacle to the company's success rather than trained and developed and incentivized. There is no opportunity for upward mobility for Property Managers which also hurts their performance.

Advice to Management

This is one of the wealthiest companies in the country...lose some of the greed, invest in the employees and their futures, provide more assistance to DMs so they can accomplish the goals of the company and not be overwhelmed by inane and pointless tasks.

2. Easy job with proper time management

Former Employee - Relief Manager in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Relief Manager in Marietta, GA

I worked at Public Storage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Travel opportunities. Individual work within a team. Ability to work inside and out

Cons

Must sometimes lie to customers to meet sales goals

Advice to Management

None