Its a Job

Former Employee - Property Manager in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Property Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Public Storage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Mainly work by yourself on a daily basis. If you do your job you will see the district manager no more than three times a month. A lot of down time at most properties. Job stability.

Cons

Lower level employees from Property manager and relief start out making $9.50. Bonus incentives have changed each year and the company has made it harder for employees to get a bonus. Company went from quarterly bonuses to yearly bonuses. Bonuses decreased each year during my 4 1/2 years at the company. Managers are only focused on numbers not employees. There is no opportunity for advancement. Property Manager is as far as you can grow. The company rather bring in outsiders to manage the district who has no clue how to manage the stores.

Advice to Management

If you employee the Real Storage Experts pay them accordingly.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Worse job I have ever had

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the customers I have gotten to know.

Cons

As a property manager I make a whole $.05 cents more than my relief managers but have double the work load and accountability. My DM refuses to call customers back which leads the customers to call us or come into the office screaming at us when we cannot do anything at the property.. We are not given what we need to do the job including enough coverage, a working golf cart and a broom that is actually made for industrial cleaning and not to sweep out my kitchen. We are told that safety in the work place is most important but are then told we need to fix broken doors putting us at risk for injury. And you know if you get hurt they will tell you you are not covered because we should not have been fixing it in the first place. At least when we were able to get a bonus it was incentive to increase our numbers. I don't consider the yearly bonus they have now a bonus because only 40 percent of us will get it. Our DM is such a condescending witch that everyone she hires wants to leave after the first day. She tells us to follow company policy but she doesn't. Like giving units that don't sell at auction to her friends. Funny I thought we were suppose to throw everything in the dumpster. I could go on and on about how horrible this company is. Everyone in my area except for 1 person is looking for another job and we all fantasize about how we are going to quit.

Advice to Management

Don't pay your property managers the same as your relief managers when they are doing double the work. Give us our monthly bonus back and then maybe we will care again. Acknowledge that we have a life outside of PS.

2. Fabulous, Wanda is a manager that listens to her customers

Current Contractor - Customer in Miami Gardens, FL
    Current Contractor - Customer in Miami Gardens, FL

I have been working at Public Storage as a contractor

Pros

Wanda is the greatest, she bends over backwards to make sure her customers are happy, not only does she go the extra mile but she does all she can to make the customer fell destressed o the things that are happening in their lives

Cons

Stop raising the payment on renters, they are doing the best they can. Since businesses are not paying cost of living it's hard to make ends meet, but Wanda does all she can to help

Advice to Management

Wanda has that personal interaction with your customers and she make them feel that all is not lost

Public Storage Response

Apr 30, 2014 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thanks for the feedback! We really appreciate it!